People are building Fiora wrong, and claiming she is weak.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bullettime7

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelRain View Post
How does building her wrong make her weak? That's not even the problem. Fiora has 2 strengths - Good mobility, and amazing scaling with items. Build AD/Crit and you're doing it right.

The problem is laning.
-No escapes, meaning easier to gank than Trynd.
-Terrible level 6 ult. The damage on that is terrible. 320 single target. Nasus and Renek press R at 6 and get 300hp.

If people are letting you farm and not ganking your lane, yea. You deserve to win because your opponents are just stupid. Play Fiora, against a Jax/Renek/Nasus/Any bruiser/Any CD champs who can heal. And have their jungler come top at level 2 as Xin/Jarv. That's who she loses to.

People complain about Fiora being weak because she has a terrible mid game. All her skills except her ult are one point wonders. Even if you kill a bruiser once, you still have to be on the lookout, they can still kill you while building tanky easily because your ult is on such a high cd. If you give up a death though, your lane is usually lost.

If you're winning against Veigar/Orianna/LeeSin/GangPlank/Teemo, it doesn't mean much. She beats squishies, it's what she does. Also, my games end at Hydra/Cutlass. It usually doesn't go further than that.

Edit - Also, for those people playing bruiser Fiora, why not just play a real bruiser..? >.>
The problem is Critical Strike, and even Attack Speed. work better as sustained damage stats when Fiora gets CCed or murdered after her ultimate wears off, thus not being able to benefit aside from a possible duel.

Many of the higher ELO or professional players who like to run Fiora in solo queue build her more like an AD caster/assassin, prioritizing Hydra, Last Whisper, and Black Cleaver to maximize damage dealt in an ultimate, gives her assassin style burst if catching out a squishy, and allows her to completely shred towers due to her E if left unattended for even 10 seconds.

It's the more "reliable" way to build her as it masks her primary weaknesses.

Szunray

09-11-2013

Why is it that people say things like "Melee carries suck, the enemy will CC them and they need babysitting," But never think about what happens when you actually babysit them?

I mean seriously, people act like Fiora is going to initiate in on a team of 5 psychic Nautilus players alone every time melee carries are brought up.

Sure, SoloQ Fiora isn't good against a coordinated team, but a coordinated team with Fiora on it is scary. Why don't we ever Assume Galio/Amumu/Sona Flash+Ults so that Fiora (and other melee carries) can safely fight?
It's the same sort of thing you'd do for a ranged carry, soo...

Every time people bring up CC and melee carries, They're always on different teams.

Also, You people realize that there are plenty of successful Fiora players right?
Except if someone who doesn't play a lot of ranked says she's fine it's "Everyone you fight sucks," and if someone who's a diamond thinks she's fine it's, "The enemy team was simply uncoordinated*" Which is GD talk for "Everyone you fight sucks."

FINALLY, I'm willing to take I AM TRYNDA's advice on how to play a melee carry over ALL of you naysayers, just sayin..

DracoMTA

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingSalvo View Post
Because it's her best and most important spell, and the most damage per rank. Why max Q on Ezreal?
What the hell did I just read. Lunge, haha, her best spell. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Ult>Attack speed>riposte+ad>lunge

Critkeeper

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingSalvo View Post
Because it's her best and most important spell, and the most damage per rank. Why max Q on Ezreal?

By that logic i should max tryndamere's spinning slash, since its his most damaging spell.

The Urf Life

09-11-2013

I max w first, gives you a ton of bullying power and damage in lane. Just never thought it was worth it to max e first because she get kited easily and not be able to use that atk speed all that well

Critkeeper

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urf Life View Post
I max w first, gives you a ton of bullying power and damage in lane. Just never thought it was worth it to max e first because she get kited easily and not be able to use that atk speed all that well
It grants a stacking move speed buff in addition to the attack speed.

Adam D Smith

09-11-2013

If she could q to her own minions she would have an escape and actually be good, just lower the attack speed boost she gains with W or the passive on e and she is balanced. Don't know why riot neglects that fine ass.

The Urf Life

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Trynda View Post
It grants a stacking move speed buff in addition to the attack speed.
Most tops have a jump or a way to get away from a somewhat slow ms buff

She cant catch up with just her e if she iniates with q

Critkeeper

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urf Life View Post
Most tops have a jump or a way to get away from a somewhat slow ms buff

She cant catch up with just her e if she iniates with q
Its a double dash.

The Urf Life

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Trynda View Post
Its a double dash.
An incredibly low ranged double dash