Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

People are building Fiora wrong, and claiming she is weak.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critkeeper

09-11-2013

Even the people who are posted on lolking with over 1300 fiora games played this season are building her wrong. Who am I to say what is the right way to build her? Well I'm not arguing based on authority. I'm going to argue based on mathematics and gameplay.

Here is how I build Fiora:

(Starting items and runes are whatever gets the job done)

I usually build a vamp scepter on the first back.

I rush Infinity edge, then build a cloak and avarice blade. From there everything is situational.

I max burst of speed first, riposte second, and lunge third.

Here is why:
With just an infinity edge, scepter, and passive on riposte you have around 100 bonus ad. That means you will have around 200 attack damage total. Burst of speed grants you a 120% attack speed boost, putting you at nearly 2 attacks per second. You will also have 50% crit chance.

Over a 3 second burst of speed you will auto attack 6 times, half of which are crits. That is 1800 physical damage in 3 seconds, which is zed-territory, and this is all on one skill that resets on kill.

Others keep maxing her lunge and building her around her 2 minute ultimate with hydra. Why?

Why do that? What in the hell use is lunge if not for damage if you max it first? What will it help you do? Keep up with them so you can do what? Ult them? Lame.

And building anyone around a long cooldown ultimate is risky, but especially for someone who has no other way to contribute aside from melee attacks. Fiora has no button she can press to "get me the hell out of this, de-aggro NOW", other than her ult. Her movement speed boosts are conditional on landing a bunch of auto attacks, and her dashes dash only to enemies. Do you really want to depend on your only de-aggro mechanism for DAMAGE?

She's got a silly-high attack speed steriod, and a great attack damage passive. She needs crit chance and armor penetration to complete the quartet of multiplicative scaling.

That black cleaver and hydra you are going to use to shred the enemy team, do quite a bit of aoe damage and likely die before killing anything is what gives Fiora a bad reputation. A lot of the most popular builds for fiora don't call for any crit chance whatsoever! What a travesty!

Gee, would you rather have 500 damage auto attacks and a 3000 damage ult or 1000 damage auto attacks and a 2500 damage ult?

Her sheer numbers guys...

6 crits, 3 seconds, 6000 damage. We are talking zed levels here. And she has her ultimate on top of that, and 2 dashes.

Just stop building cooldown reduction, brusiery items, and **** on her. Build her like a season 1 melee carry ffs. Her single target damage output is goofy.

And of course its ****ty if you get exhausted or crowd controlled, but who's isn't? Besides, unlike zed she doesn't have to wait on her ultimate for that burst, she only has to wait on burst of speed's relatively low cooldown-- which resets on a kill (half on assist). Fiora is supposed to dash in at an opportune moment (like an assassin), burst of speed something to dust and use that second dash to catch up to their flash or gap opener to finish them off, then leave the fight with the immense 45% move speed boost. Then she comes back into the fight and does it again.

If she HAS to, she ults. But only to save her ass, not to do damage.

Kappadin

09-11-2013

tbh i go with this build on her:

hydra
infinity edge
blade of the ruined king
bloodthirster
last whisper
boots or zephyr or guardian angel

not in that order

it gives a good amount of crit, massive lifesteal and on-hit effects so that her ultimate can shred enemies while also healing her back to full and the 250% crit damage is always nice

edit: hydra allows you to lifesteal from multiple enemies at once with her ult and so if you wanted to accomplish being healed up to full health with her ult, you'd definitely buy this item

i really dislike black cleaver on her though

Mediocre Top

09-11-2013

INB4 Downvotes.

I;m upvoting, this is the entire reason Yi for an unnecessary rework, nobody played or built him right.

I ma get downvoted too, but bruiser items on champions like Yi or Fiora is just dumb.

Plus, Trynd is by far the most whined about champion in this game and he's probably the only melee carry BUILT like a melee carry.

The SkyBorne

09-11-2013

She isn't weak, she is just:

highly gankable
highly kitable
easily itemized against

and requires babysitting
Numbers mean nothing when you are just hitting a wall

Kappadin

09-11-2013

Quote:
The SkyBorne:
She isn't weak, she is just:

highly gankable
highly kitable
easily itemized against

and requires babysitting
Numbers mean nothing when you are just hitting a wall

she's got like 550 movement speed with blade of the ruined king and full stacks of e

gl kiting that

i agree with the rest of the points though

Holynova

09-11-2013

Hydra is more of way for her to waveclear with her and it synergizes extremely well with her , it should be a core item

Iron Angel 2k2

09-11-2013

And then Darius/Vi/Jarvan combos you once and you shatter like glass.

To say nothing of champs like Jayce, Kennen, or Elise who are just going to outscale you and probably kill you once or twice in the laning phase anyway.

Then there are champs like Lee Sin who are just going to literally stomp all over you all game.

Lakitu

09-11-2013

You probably won like 1 game with this particular build path and then suddenly think its the bread and jam... There is a reason that so many people build her nearly the same way that you claim "doesn't work"... It's because it works best for them.

Ozbirta

Recruiter

09-11-2013

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

she's trash

SSoFP

To elaborate, this isn't a bad build. But the problem with most people isn't their build, it's their playstyle. Stop trying to tank out once your opponent builds armor. Once your opponent builds armor (and you can't kill him anymore... if you can, stay in lane), shove and gank nonstop. Don't stay in your lane. Just run bot and double kill and take drag, etc. Your lane opponent that build pure armor to survive lane against you is going to be useless in teamfights (assuming you have an apc that's doing decently) and you can still instagib squishies

Stonewall008

09-11-2013

OP is an idiot