Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why am I punished in ARAM for owning 90 champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

09-16-2013

Quote:
I cheat at ARAM:
The low level match maker is a joke.

Since I inflated my mmr with a win streak (still pre 30 on this account) the match maker has decided to throw level 30s at me. They aren't skilled, but having ~25-50% more base stats is just annoying.

I bring this up because typically the other 4 people on my team are of a lower level / skill. Having to play against 30s just ruins the match for them.

That's not low level matchmaking, it's high level matchmaking and yeah it is broken as hell.

What happens to high elo players in solo queue, is that matchmaking tries to find players of roughly equal elo, fails, then has a seizure and throws them into a game with a bunch of 1300s to "balance" their team against the enemy which is like full 1900s or something. But it's okay because "you can carry this s***!"

GrosPigeon

09-20-2013

Quote:
FDru:
That's not low level matchmaking, it's high level matchmaking and yeah it is broken as hell.

What happens to high elo players in solo queue, is that matchmaking tries to find players of roughly equal elo, fails, then has a seizure and throws them into a game with a bunch of 1300s to "balance" their team against the enemy which is like full 1900s or something. But it's okay because "you can carry this s***!"

"I hand to you Skarner. Now carry these scrubs." - ARAM Queue

Meserion

09-20-2013

Maybe for ARAM they could allow people to create a champion pool with a minimum size of 10 champions so they can have a custom designed pool; why 10? so they always have a champion regardless per match.

pCruise

09-20-2013

lol just lol

JedditeOMG

10-05-2014

Since the classic forums will be converted to "read only" with the transition to the lol reddit lol style forums, need to get some less-terrible (dare I say "helpful&quot threads to the top.