Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why am I punished in ARAM for owning 90 champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eNixxe

09-13-2013

I really don't care what champion I get, as long as it isn't Sion (I quit every time), but team comps can be kind of annoying.

I roll Yi a lot too and usually give it away because I don't like the champion.

Cafe Restoran

09-13-2013

You're not punished for owning 90 champions, you're being punished for not knowing how to use them.
Like the lad up here who actually believes Sion isn't awesome in aram.

Agatio

Recruiter

09-14-2013

Sion's ultimate in ARAM? Instant Gee Gee.

cocacolalips

09-14-2013

Quote:
Cafe Restoran:
You're not punished for owning 90 champions, you're being punished for not knowing how to use them.

The more champions the better.

And I have no problem with smurfs, they suck at the game, that's why they create new accounts, to make up for their terribleness.
They still lose when they face me. Because I know what I'm doing and they don't.

The Lady Gaga

09-14-2013

Quote:
Cafe Restoran:
Like the lad up here who actually believes Sion isn't awesome in aram.

That would be true if all champions had an equal performance level in ARAM. There are many champions and compositions that no matter what just won't perform as well as the other in equally skilled hands.

As it stands there are more advantages to creating a roster with just the top tier ARAM champions than there are to owning a great many of the total champion pool.

The LeBlanc Show

09-15-2013

Quote:
R1ckety Cricket:

The only real solution is to make brackets for players who own roughly the same number of champions.

I feel this is an awesome idea for Riot to test out. It would roughly match skill (as time played) as well. Smurfs would only get matched with total scrubs, and they would have to deal with new players being on their team.

Players with more than half the champs suffer a significant disadvantage in "random picks." It's just obvious.

ARAM is fun when you have random champs fighting. Not Reroll for Jayce Nidalee Soraka Sona Fiddlesticks.

^ I would and have just AFKd through entire ARAMs because of teams like this. 11 min win so fun.

The Epicer ONe

09-15-2013

Quote:
milcow:
People still play ARAM?

strange that your checking the aram forums very strange

Kalarepa

09-15-2013

Quote:
Room Troll:
I feel this is an awesome idea for Riot to test out. It would roughly match skill (as time played) as well. Smurfs would only get matched with total scrubs, and they would have to deal with new players being on their team.

Cool, but what about those new players, who would be matched vs smurfs? They would hate aram very quickly.

FDru

09-15-2013

Quote:
Kalarepa:
Cool, but what about those new players, who would be matched vs smurfs? They would hate aram very quickly.

There is still elo. There is still summoner level bias for matchmaking.

I don't know if adding another check into matchmaking on top of everything else is the greatest idea but it would probably be better than the situation we have currently.

I cheat at ARAM

09-16-2013

Quote:
FDru:
There is still elo. There is still summoner level bias for matchmaking.

I don't know if adding another check into matchmaking on top of everything else is the greatest idea but it would probably be better than the situation we have currently.

The low level match maker is a joke.

Since I inflated my mmr with a win streak (still pre 30 on this account) the match maker has decided to throw level 30s at me. They aren't skilled, but having ~25-50% more base stats is just annoying.

I bring this up because typically the other 4 people on my team are of a lower level / skill. Having to play against 30s just ruins the match for them.