Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why am I punished in ARAM for owning 90 champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pharticus

09-11-2013

Yeah my issue is I get free champs more then 50% of the time.

MiriaJiyuu

09-11-2013

I own every champion, I frequently get champs I can't play/will never be able to play. I rarely burn my rerolls though. I just take whatever champ and try my best, I can effectively use around 90 champions now in ARAMs and most of them pretty effectively on Rift. I just treat ARAMs as a place to learn new champs.
Regarding so many 'OP' champs though, I just learned how to deal with them. Nid's poke is useless if you can dodge, Yi is halted by CC, Lux is squishy and easy to scare off.

TL;DR Learn to play what you own and how to deal with 'OP' champs.

Kalarepa

09-11-2013

People, who own 80+ heroes are the ones, who keep aram alive. If suddenly everyone became smurf, then I can assure you, that aram very quickly would become the least popular mode in game.

Smurfs either are dumb and don't realize, how much they're ruining this mode or they're just so selfish, that they don't give a ****.

Dracobalt

Recruiter

09-11-2013

Quote:
R1ckety Cricket:
As it stands, I never get to play as any of the powerful champions in ARAM. Why? Because I'm punished for actually owning a variety of champions. Rerolls don't cut it. If I'm constantly playing against smurfs that own between 20-25 champions, which are all of the powerful ARAM champions, my odds of getting anyone that's decent is diminished significantly. They basically get to roll on the good champions first, and any that are left over, are in my pool for 70 or so mediocre champions. In 800 games of ARAM, I've played Nidalee once. I almost never get to play an ADC champion, yet half the players in most games have them. I don't know when the last time was that I played as Janna, or Soraka, or Sona. Why? Because all of the accounts with 15-20 champions on them get to play them every match, so people who have a vast amount of champions never get to play as them. So what if I'm earning a reroll every 2-3 games? I don't even know if I use it if I'm eligible for a champion that I'd like to play as I can't see the enemy team comp.

The only real solution is to make brackets for players who own roughly the same number of champions.

^ that's just your luck...in maybe 200games of ARAM I've gotten lots of the OP champs myself.
Nid, Lux, Janna(quite nice in ARAM lol), all of the adcs and so on...played them all many times.
I probably own 100 champs atm or so. I'm missing 16champs.
Rerolls tend to roll for champs you play least(in my opinion).
At least thanks to ARAMs I learned how to play Tanks a bit better and can now actually carry with Adcs! No need to always play OP champs really though so no need to get mad over it. I've carried with Janna before when my team actually had "real" OP champs. I've carried with Tanks too...so playing OP champs doesn't really matter as much as you make it sound.
Have fun! it's a game! and it's random! if you wanna pick out your OP champs you COULD just go SR or maybe make a smurf yourself

Creepy4

09-11-2013

When you have more champions you get your rerolls back a lot faster.

Basically people who arrange their teams to have a handful of OP champs will have to go a couple dozen games to refresh that reroll they used when a free champ came up, whereas you'll get a reroll every 3 or 4 games.

The only advice I can give is learn to love as many of your champions as possible.

Ashfordjim

09-11-2013

I love playing champions I wouldn't usually pick on SR due to the fact that they aren't in my champion rotation. Some of the ARAM champions I have the most fun on are ones that I never pick on SR. I don't really care if other people are smurfing (yes, it DOES seem like there's always an Ashe/Yi/Lux/Nid on the enemy team). I own around 70 champs, haven't bought Nid and probably never will despite the fact that I find myself hopping on for a quick ARAM rather than a longer SR game.

R1ckety Cricket

Recruiter

09-11-2013

Quote:
Creepy4:
When you have more champions you get your rerolls back a lot faster.

Basically people who arrange their teams to have a handful of OP champs will have to go a couple dozen games to refresh that reroll they used when a free champ came up, whereas you'll get a reroll every 3 or 4 games.

The only advice I can give is learn to love as many of your champions as possible.

Please read my original post. There's no sense in actually getting rerolls when the majority of good champs are taken from the get go because of smurfs who own 15 champs and they are all the champs that are worth a damned on ARAM.

Lammah

Recruiter

09-12-2013

Quote:
xeph13:
sure does. Dont remember if you where in that game but we had 4 tanks and a Zac Vs. like 4 ADC's and a tank and still won. (game did take like 35 min lol)

I'll look at my videos to confirm, but I do somewhat remember something like this

ninjaipod

09-12-2013

[ARAM Smurfs] What if they encourage you to own more champions? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3824325)

Creepy4

09-13-2013

Quote:
R1ckety Cricket:
Please read my original post. There's no sense in actually getting rerolls when the majority of good champs are taken from the get go because of smurfs who own 15 champs and they are all the champs that are worth a damned on ARAM.

I did indeed read your original post, which I why I ended my suggestion with "learn to love as many of your champions as possible."

If you can't win or enjoy yourself without getting an Ashe/Yi/whatever else, then okay, you're going to have a bad time. People will be smurfing for those, and they'll be less common for you.

If, however, you enjoy playing, let's say, 70 of the 90 champions you own, then frequent rerolls are useful for helping to ensure that you ALWAYS get a champion that you like, whereas the folks trying to guarantee an OP champ are more likely to get stuck with one on free rotation who they don't want. (It may be likely that at least one of them will get something they want in any given game, but most of them individually are getting stuck with champions they don't want, and having worse times because they've gotten used to depending on OP champs for wins.)