Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why am I punished in ARAM for owning 90 champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R1ckety Cricket

Recruiter

09-10-2013

As it stands, I never get to play as any of the powerful champions in ARAM. Why? Because I'm punished for actually owning a variety of champions. Rerolls don't cut it. If I'm constantly playing against smurfs that own between 20-25 champions, which are all of the powerful ARAM champions, my odds of getting anyone that's decent is diminished significantly. They basically get to roll on the good champions first, and any that are left over, are in my pool for 70 or so mediocre champions. In 800 games of ARAM, I've played Nidalee once. I almost never get to play an ADC champion, yet half the players in most games have them. I don't know when the last time was that I played as Janna, or Soraka, or Sona. Why? Because all of the accounts with 15-20 champions on them get to play them every match, so people who have a vast amount of champions never get to play as them. So what if I'm earning a reroll every 2-3 games? I don't even know if I use it if I'm eligible for a champion that I'd like to play as I can't see the enemy team comp.

The only real solution is to make brackets for players who own roughly the same number of champions.

I cheat at ARAM

09-11-2013

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Frankly, I've said it many times before... but the only way Riot will address this issue is if players keep making Smurfs until this game mode is so toxic that they have no choice but to fix the problem (i.e. open up the entire champion pool).

I used to spend a decent amount of money on skins in the past... but much like you I felt like I was being punished for owning most of the champions. I haven't spent a dime since I was essentially left no option but to make a new account for ARAM.

milcow

09-11-2013

People still play ARAM?

Euthrosyne

09-11-2013

Why are you playing ARAM? It's stupid to torture yourself. If you like HA, without all the smurfing, try ABAM or ADAM on HA. Why stoop down to their level when you can make your own way?

xeph13

09-11-2013

I have the same issue as you, I have about 85 champs and most of the time i don't get the one i want. The biggest difference is I don't mind getting a non-OP champ. Have you ever tried to get better with one of champs you don't normally play. To give you an example i never like Dr. Mundo then i kept getting him every time i was in ARAM so instead of quitting or re-rolling every time i played him and it turned out really good, now i would rather have Mundo over an ADC.

a lot of people that play aram just want to face roll everything and have 20+ kills a game which, don't get me wrong can be fun but that doesn't always win games. Sometimes playing a tank or a support roll really well can over come those OP champs and help you win the game not just have 20+ kills and lose.

Tyler Seguin

09-11-2013

Quote:
xeph13:
To give you an example i never like Dr. Mundo then i kept getting him every time i was in ARAM so instead of quitting or re-rolling every time i played him and it turned out really good

I did this with Poppy and Warwick.

With Warwick, I changed my build with him and now he's probably my best champ.

With Poppy, I decided to just grind it out and now I realize she can be valuable. More than once, I ended a game with the most kills on the team.

Lammah

Recruiter

09-11-2013

Playing tanky often pays off, even vs OP ARAM Champs.

xeph13

09-11-2013

Quote:
Lammah:
Playing tanky often pays off, even vs OP ARAM Champs.

sure does. Dont remember if you where in that game but we had 4 tanks and a Zac Vs. like 4 ADC's and a tank and still won. (game did take like 35 min lol)

Sona Swagbot

09-11-2013

Quote:
milcow:
People still play ARAM?

WEIRD, RIGHT? WE HAVE A FORUM AND EVERYTHING, TOO!

Come back any time! <3

FOODFOOD

09-11-2013

I own all of the champions, and I actually enjoy it. I have a positive win-rate, so it's not hindering me too badly. I really like it because I get to play champs I otherwise wouldn't in SR. Sometimes I get a boring one (I actually don't like playing Yi and Sona), but sometimes I get TRUNDLE. When those times happen I get SUPER PUMPED and get all prepped and stoked and then Summoner 1 has to go and muck everything up and I'm stuck with Sona and no one ever seems to own her for a swap.

Ugh.

But anyways, I like having all of the champs unlocked. It makes it more fun. That's what this game is about right?