Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Katarina - Build/Tactics Top Tier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
12-26-2009

Quote:
Sasbik Soulvenom:
love the build but why not throw in a nashors tooth at the end of the build after the 2x bts?

because that is terrible?

Melonyan

12-26-2009

Quote:
dreamenddischarger:
I just now noticed you made the guide. Thanks for that. I mgiht also point out that getting 2x sunfire capes followed by an atmas and then BT/Infinity is VERY strong as well, especially if you are lacking tanks on the team. Kat is just so versatile.

I absolutely love this build now, though normally instead of 2x sunfires I use a bit of a variant. I've been doing the exact same thing except instead of getting both sunfires I grab leviathan -> sunfire -> atma.

Sailor Moon

12-26-2009

Dear Furor,

I would like to thank you for making this guide. i have wondered how kat would work in higher elo games ever since I initially started playing. I generally have great success with kat and am rather pleased to know I have been doing things correctly- with the exception of survivability(I never get any :x too greedy with the bloodthirsters). Your guide covers how to overcome my shortcomings and your rank proves that kat is still viable at higher elos. Just a drive by thank you from a fellow kat player. <3

Sincerely,

Sailor Moon

//first post lol :3

Furor

12-26-2009

Quote:
Sasbik Soulvenom:
love the build but why not throw in a nashors tooth at the end of the build after the 2x bts?

That would be pointless. That's why.

Quote:
Sailor Moon:
I would like to thank you for making this guide.

Just my little contribution to the community.

Also to clarify earlier statements: yes I know that Dodge runs on a diminishing returns scale.

Beegly Boogs

12-26-2009

Furor, if it isn't too much to ask, can you explain to me how I could pull off a quad kill with these teams?

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6320/quadkill.png

Thanks, my team kept *****ing at me for not acing them with my three BT's.

Furor

12-27-2009

Get a better team. You won't be acing anyone if your team sucks and can't initiate properly. Plus, Blitz is a pretty hard counter to Kat if played right. Without actually being there, I can't tell you much more than that.

LemonWarlord

Recruiter

12-28-2009

Mhmm, I am liking this build.
But one question, would you say x2 Heart of Gold is the best build or no.

And I've read a little on Rylai's Scepter from this thread. Couldn't you build a Giant's Belt to Rylais for the slow on Shunpo and on your ulti? (Just a little theorycraft rambling)

FaSkill

12-28-2009

Hello Furor,

I've been watching your results via the game lately and i've noticed that you were currently undergoing quite a loosing streak. I was wondering whether this was due to your new rune build (based on CD reduction an armor penetration) and if you would advice me to use such a build as I'm going to be 20 very soon now.
Anyway thanks a lot for your guide which has been more than useful for me
Keep up with the good work

Furor

12-28-2009

Quote:
FaSkill:
Hello Furor,

I've been watching your results via the game lately and i've noticed that you were currently undergoing quite a loosing streak. I was wondering whether this was due to your new rune build (based on CD reduction an armor penetration) and if you would advice me to use such a build as I'm going to be 20 very soon now.
Anyway thanks a lot for your guide which has been more than useful for me
Keep up with the good work

I don't use that rune build for Katarina.

Losing streak is because I have the ****tiest luck with solo queues lately. Either against a good premade with randoms, or the other team's randoms are better than the ones on my team. Either way, nothing I can do about it. I hate solo'ing, but it's better than not playing at all when I'm bored. I usually lose a bunch of games then go on a few 9-1 win streaks. It's a cycle.

Besides that, going to be using some other champions from here on so that I've got something else I'm good at for tournaments. I'd expect at least part of the time for the other team to ban Katarina vs. me (since everyone and their mother knows now), so I need something to fall back on.

And my solo queues average over 20 minutes.. so whether I win or lose is mostly luck at that point.

Quote:
LemonWarlord:
But one question, would you say x2 Heart of Gold is the best build or no.

There's no best build for every situation. That's why I listed some items for flexibility.

Quote:
And I've read a little on Rylai's Scepter from this thread. Couldn't you build a Giant's Belt to Rylais for the slow on Shunpo and on your ulti? (Just a little theorycraft rambling)
You could, but it's rather pointless unless your team lacks CC... in which case you'll probably lose anyway. I favor Warmog's.

WesleyC

Recruiter

12-28-2009

As someone who has been crushed by Furor's Katarina several times, it's great to read this guide.

In the games that I've played with and against Furor, his early game farming is always outstanding. Even in a tough lane, he somehow managed to be leading in creep kills, often by quite a margin.

One question regarding Killer Instincts - you've mentioned that you consistently use it before a Bouncing Blades, how often do you use it before a Shun-Po?