[Guide] Ashe - The Team Queen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

12-28-2010

Okay, just finished a game with your recommended masteries. It's great for side lane! I would rather be able to spam a bit more on the side than in mid. I'll be adding that mastery build to the guide as soon as I can.

On the issue regarding Strength of Spirit mastery...I just checked it, and it does grant the 6 HP / 5 seconds like I thought at level 1. This means that if you're going mid (and possibly if you're going side) this mastery is amazing.

We can continue this discussion, but let me just say this...

Ashe's weakness is early survivability. She can harass just fine, but without that survivability she can't really keep powerful mid champs at bay. To address this, I use heal/ghost and 21/8/1 masteries. However, if playing in the side lanes, it is probably better to go with 9/0/21 masteries and swap heal for flash since she has a partner to help her dish out the pain. In addition, if she's on the side, it's going to take her twice as long to get the gold she needs in order to be effective late game. This build keeps her effective until then, and then turns her into a machine late game with 2x escape/chasing spells.

Fun stuff!

SoFFacet

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
On the issue regarding Strength of Spirit mastery...I just checked it, and it does grant the 6 HP / 5 seconds like I thought at level 1. This means that if you're going mid (and possibly if you're going side) this mastery is amazing.
Definitely didnt know SoS had that typo. Thats a major difference, I might consider going 21/8/1 now (still not taking heal though).

Quote:
In addition, if she's on the side, it's going to take her twice as long to get the gold she needs in order to be effective late game
Ashe with a laning partner is super rare because that means that not one but two other champs on your team are taking solo lanes over Ashe (Jungler assumed). But if it ever did come to pass, Ashe definitely wants to lane with a support champ that doesn't need the gold and will let Ashe get all the last hits on purpose. That way she may be underleveled but item-wise she could end up almost as farmed as mid.

Eledhan

12-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
Definitely didnt know SoS had that typo. Thats a major difference, I might consider going 21/8/1 now (still not taking heal though).
ROFL!!! I never expected you to. Honestly, I really feel that heal works so well because it grants Ashe the ability to be an aggressive jerk while playing mid. This messes up so many opponents it's really almost silly. I imagine you could do the same with Flash, I just prefer Heal. To each his own!

Quote:
Ashe with a laning partner is super rare because that means that not one but two other champs on your team are taking solo lanes over Ashe (Jungler assumed). But if it ever did come to pass, Ashe definitely wants to lane with a support champ that doesn't need the gold and will let Ashe get all the last hits on purpose. That way she may be underleveled but item-wise she could end up almost as farmed as mid.
I find that unless you have a buddy to play with, this rarely happens, and junglers are not as common in my experience. But I will say, last night I had a game with Sivir and a jungler. I told Sivir to take the 2v1 lane and let me have mid since Siv can push so much better (even 2v1). However, Olaf wanted the solo side, so I got stuck on a side lane with Alistar...It actually turned out great with the Utility build because I could spam all the volleys I wanted and I had Flash & Ghost to chase / run when necessary.

I'm about to update the guide to include an alternative build for when you have to go side lane. For now, let's just say that it'll focus on some cheaper items to start off, and rely on returning to base quite often to stay healthy. It worked fairly well for me last night!

Eledhan

12-29-2010

Guide updated.

Appendix A - Side Laning, is now complete and ready for criticism.

For those of you who have been contributing to this guide, please take the time to go check it out and offer some helpful criticism...I will definitely appreciate it!

I have found that my concepts for side laning work wonders for Ashe. This guide should now be the go-to for any Ashe lover!

Eledhan

12-29-2010

Guide updated once again!

I just finished adding the Dangerous Champion list. If you have a champ that is causing you problems, list them and why they're an issue, and I'll consider adding them to the OP.

Shagrarz

12-29-2010

your 9/0/21 link takes us to your 21/8/1 build. Those of us who have been following your guide (because its just really well done, btw) know what you are talking about, but no one else will.

As a side note, if you have to take a side lane (and use the utility build) I recommend switching 1 of your Health Quints out for an Arpen Quint. Doing this will allow you to only lose about 3 Arpen, while retaining just under 500 health @ lvl1. This is what I have done in the past, and its been pretty effective for me.

Eledhan

12-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagrarz View Post
your 9/0/21 link takes us to your 21/8/1 build. Those of us who have been following your guide (because its just really well done, btw) know what you are talking about, but no one else will.
Oh, wow...that's sad...LOL!

Thanks for pointing that out! This has probably messed some people up...I'll correct it immediately!

And thanks a lot for the compliment! I enjoy updating this thing as much as I did creating it, if not more. I'm learning more as time goes by...

Quote:
As a side note, if you have to take a side lane (and use the utility build) I recommend switching 1 of your Health Quints out for an Arpen Quint. Doing this will allow you to only lose about 3 Arpen, while retaining just under 500 health @ lvl1. This is what I have done in the past, and its been pretty effective for me.
If you're in the side lane and wanting to play aggressive, I'd rather have the extra health since I'll be rushing Brutalizer. As I've said numerous times in the guide and in my responses, any deviation from the posted build is going to be based on personal preference. Honestly, any experienced player (of LoL, not Ashe) is only going to use this guide for a little while until they find things that they like better (if there is something they like better).

Obviously, if you prefer the armor pen, by all means, go with that! I find that the extra damage is negligible, but the extra 32 HP is amazing!

Eledhan

12-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagrarz View Post
This issue is now fixed. Thanks for flagging it for me!

Any other thoughts on the side lane build?

Eledhan

12-29-2010

Hmmm...I've been looking at some builds on other sites...

An item I see frequently is Stark's Fervor. I'm going to test this thing out late tonight, but just wondered if the armor reduction aura will work on champs at the very edge of Ashe's attack range. Anyone know the answer? I'm assuming that it does, but early on in my career with Ashe, I feel like it didn't. I haven't checked it recently, but will do so tonight.

Perhaps someone can help me with the answer before then? Because if the aura range is at least Ashe's max attack range, it would definitely be an item to add to this guide as a viable means of attack speed and armor pen (not to mention life steal).

Eledhan

12-29-2010

This guide, this guide, and this one are all excellent guides designed to build damage, armor pen/reduction, lifesteal, and attack speed. I am still in the process of considering these builds. All of these guides are build around the concept of flat armor pen from Brutalizer, Ghostblade, Stark's, and Cleaver. Interesting concept...

Once I have finished investigating these concepts, I'll post my findings. For those of you who have been following this guide and offering criticisms, please help me out by testing the linked builds as well. I have a feeling that the emphasis on auto-attacking might get Ashe killed easier, but it's entirely possible that the life steal will keep her alive.

These concepts could completely change the build orders of my guide if these builds are successful...

I have another full weekend coming up to test Ashe builds!