My AD Sion Pubstomping Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehJackAttack

03-13-2012

Hello, guys! This is not an in-depth build guide, but rather a short guide aimed at illustrating just how easily you can destroy your opponents as a terror-generating AD Sion!

My runes and masteries: ArmPen Reds, MoveSpeed Quintsx3, flat armor yellows and mr/level blues!

My summoner spells are Ghost/Flash (When late game comes and you have 2 PD's and Zerkers with your move speed quints, Ghost will make you LOL fast) and either Ignite or Exhaust. I reccomend Exhaust, unless you anticipate going against someone with lots of regen (fiora, mundo, etc.)

start Boots hpx3 -> Berserkers Greaves -> Zeal -> Phantom Dancers -> Vampiric Sceptre -> Zeal -> Phantom Dancers -> Infinity Edge -> BV/QSS/GA -> BT/Executioners

For my spells, I start with Q for the stun (obviously) and then prioritize E. Ideally Q,E,E,W,E,R,E,W,E,W,R,W,W,Q,Q,R,Q,Q. I only put ONE LEVEL into Q, to keep it's mana cost low. The CD improvement isn't needed since our mana is so low and we are focusing on our E to pump our damage.

Early game focus on your farming and harassing with your stun -> THWAP with E on to keep the enemy champ scared enough to give you last hits. Your speed is the most important part of my build, a slow Sion is a dead Sion.

As soon as you farm that first 570, jump B to grab your berserkers greaves. You're pretty quick now, and the IAS and move speed means you may be able to land two autos on each stun you land now.

About this time you should be hitting level 6. With 3 points in your E, you have an extra 45 AD. This is like having a free BF sword with your Zerkers! If you beat your lane opponent to level 6, this should be a free kill. Stun + R + WHAP WHAP + Exhaust + WHAP WHAP WHAP = dead Champion!

After you have your zerks, your next step is getting that Zeal up! More movespeed = more stuns landed = more death! Also a nice little crit% boost and IAS. Get your zeal and turn it into your first Phantom Dancer. As soon as you get Zerks+PD up, you will (probably) be the scariest champ on your team. Use this fear to jump other lanes with your crazy move speed and stun. Grab your Vampiric Sceptre for sustain (and to stop taking any damage from your E).

Next step, ANOTHER PHANTOM DANCER! That's right, I reccomend you use a core build of Zerkers/PD/PD! It sounds silly, but by this time you should have your E maxxed, have an extra 65 AD, ArmPen from runes, and insane movespeed to abuse your stun. After you have your second Phantom, go ahead and build an Infinity Edge. At this point, you have insane move speed, supercrits, good damage, a huge IAS, and together with your ult you are an unstoppable crit monster that heals your entire team in battles.

After you have Zerks/PD/PD/I.E, you can build situational items like GA, BV, QSS, etc. I've had some people reccomend GA and Warmogs (for ad heavier comps) or Warmogs and FoN (for AP heavier comps) for extra synergy with E's passive, but I find the extra health unnecessary. I can farm 600-1000 extra HP from E's passive by end game pretty consistently.

This build is just a TON of fun to play! Please try it out before you rage at me for stacking Phantom Dancers early :P The extra move speed and crit% really makes for fun play!

Devious Rogue

03-13-2012

This works really well as long as you don't get Focused. You're especially devastating because you're healing your entire team when you're doing damage to the enemy. That's what makes DPS Sion one of the ultimate Pub Stompers... unless the other team knows to focus him and kill him ASAP. Sometimes they ignore you, and with a little help from your tank, your entire team can be alive and well after a team fight.

Boomstick II

03-13-2012

I would recommend Mercs over Zerks. If you're not attacking, you're not healing, which means you're dying. The Mercs will help you shrug off CC a little better. Always depends on the team though, of course .

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

This is really a terrible idea because it is pure glass cannon for much of the game.

AD Sion's shield is alright and gives a bit of virtual health, and he does tend to get a few hundred health from his Enrage kills. His passive adds some tankiness too.

But, Sion is a SUSATAINED DAMAGE CHAMP. He needs to stay alive in order to inflict damage, and also take advantage of his huuuge lifesteal +teamheal.

A more reasonable build would include:
3 health quints or health regen or something. MR blues, armor yellows, armor pen reds. 21-9-0.

boots+3 (or armor+5 if jungling)
Wriggles - works for jungling OR top lane. armor, AD, lifesteal, ward.
Phage - health, AD, snare.
Merc Treads - magic resistance, tenacity - NEEDED because Sion needs to be swinging to deal damage. CC really hozes him.
Zeal - movespeed/AS/crit booster
Giants Belt - more toughness.
Phantom Dancer upgrade.
Frozen Mallet upgrade.
Infinities Edge - big crit booster.
Banshees Veil upgrade.

This puts you at a health of 2000ish base +200ish enrage +350 banshee +700 mallet
armor of: 80 base +20 rune/mastery +20ish wriggles = 120ish.
MR of: 50 base +30 boots +30rune/mastery +50 BV = 160ish.

You would have a good 55% crit @ 260% dmg which is ridiculous, and 100% AS with Ult, with an AD of 300ish.

--------------------
Other options are:
* Early Philo Stone for mana/health regen, to Reverie lategame in place of wriggles.
* Atmas for armor, AD.
* A second PD for MS/AS/crit.
* AVOID Warmog. Its a fine item but Sion prefers a Mallet.
* AVOID Wits End. Excellent item but Sion really wants CRIT and hard AD to multiply his DPS.
* He absolutely needs a Frozen Mallet for the snare and health.

He also make a decent hybrid, starting at pure AP and transitioning over to AD thru hybrid items like Nashers, TriForce, Gunblade, along with a Banshees, treads and whatever else.

nohandsguise

03-15-2012

No one has mentioned Atma's. I'm in shock. It's always great to get Atma's on him since he doesn't need any hp items to get a lot of hp. It really adds to the dps and makes him that much harder to kill.

dirtycatholic

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohandsguise View Post
No one has mentioned Atma's. I'm in shock. It's always great to get Atma's on him since he doesn't need any hp items to get a lot of hp. It really adds to the dps and makes him that much harder to kill.
I feel ya. There's hardly any reason not to get it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

AD sion build that is way too ideal, will not work if the enemy laner has a brain

No sustain sion early on will get destroy by any standard solo top, including Riven, GP, Tryndamere, even Irelia can shut him down with her weak early game.

TehJackAttack

03-15-2012

Of course this is mostly situational, and I play mostly normal blind games. It's actually pretty rare for me to vs. a solotop, more often than not I find myself with a lane partner or in a 2v1 lane. I like the greaves for a dominant early game if I'm not running into problems in lane- Greaves/PD at level 9 means I have +65 AD, +80% IAS, +30% crit and deceptive movespeed.

If I am being kited or CC'd, of course switch out the zerkers for your merc treads, and I DO NOT SUGGEST USING THIS BUILD FOR RANKED PLAY! This is just a build I find very fun to play for pubstomps.

Also, most of the games I play are lacking people with brains

Warrrrax

03-15-2012

The problem with Atma's is that Sion gets a lot of free AD permanently, and only about 1/4th the gold value of AS only when ulting. You ideally want to boost his Attack Speed and movespeed as well as toughness.

Wriggles is the go-to lifesteal, armor, ward, AD item for sustain. But that pushes his AD even further up, with no AS to balance it.

This is why most will want a Phantom Dancer pretty quickly, to boost his crit and AS for maximum DPS.
Obviously this has to be balanced out by some survivability to avoid glass cannon.

So heres our Sion with a Wriggles, PD, merc treads and probably Frozen Mallet. Maybe a Banshees Veil for even more toughness and MR.

Next item?
Another PD OR an Inf Edge. IE HUGELY boosts damage mostly due to its big crit bonus and 260% boost. PD boosts attack speed and even more movespeed.

So while Atmas is fantastic, its really difficult to fit into an AD sion build in my opinion.