Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Connection Error - Unable to connect to the PVP.net server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScarletRose

09-09-2013

Hello,

I installed the LoL client on my mac a few days ago. I tried to log on for two days now and I couldn't for both of those days. I am looking for help.
Basically, everything is installed. I am able to open the client and click "play". When I type my username and password, it would get stuck on the message "logging on..." for around 30 seconds to one minute. Then an error message of the following pops up:
Connection Error
Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server.
Information regarding what may have caused this error can be found here.
Service availability can be viewed on the League of Legends Server Status web page.

I have no clue how to fix it. I have googled on how to solve this problem... My league is NOT pinned to the doc. My MAC OS X is also up to date. I have NO idea what is causing this problem.

Here are my computer specs:
Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB

My hardware overview are as follows:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBA61.0099.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.13f5

My error log are uploaded.

Please help! Thank you in advance.

LolClient.20130909.203457.log

Euphilia157

09-16-2013

Same, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caoQNMLGB

09-16-2013

This problem has exist for long enough and still not fixed, 4 laptop together playing team game, other 3 r PC, experience no connection error except Mac client. for a sudden, Ping goes up to 500 and disconnect with server, only thing to get back into the game is restart the client and reconnect to the game. Is Riot really that lazy to take care of this type of problems?!! i mean seriously, this problem has been discovered since the mac client released.

BammBamm

09-29-2013

I am having the exact same problem. I am running on a Windows 7 Desktop and last night the game was working perfectly fine up until I keep getting disconnect during my ranked/normal games, which were losses. But late last night and all day today when I log in, it was able to authenticate my login but during the logging on process the exact window pops up saying:

Connection Error
Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server.
Information regarding what may have caused this error can be found here.
Service availability can be viewed on the League of Legends Server Status web page.

I've tried all the possible steps recommended by other players but it just didn't work for me, so is there any other way? My friends are able to log on and play but how come I can't? It's strange isn't it? I've added the LoL Launcher to my firewall exceptions and even disabled my firewall settings just to see if it'll make a difference but it didn't. I also tried the repair installation option on the main menu and it still didn't do any good. I uninstalled the game and re-installed the game but I guess it was a total waste of time too. Are there any solutions at all to fix this problem? Please help!!!

pwn nubs ftw x99

10-06-2013

Same problem here

i hate Kratos

10-11-2013

so it's not only me, i have the same problem too!! i tried to send a ticket to riot, but i cant get into the player support page, anyone having this problem too?

MrXclium

11-12-2013

i have the same problem!

MilkySwag

11-12-2013

Man, i got the same problem and I've been trying to figure it out for 2 days now.. I'm totally withdrawing from this game. :C I could log in fine before and theres been no changes to my system all i use this laptop for is iMovie and league

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

I've tried my iPhone hotspot and my wifi and nothing I'm try another persons wifi soon but yea I'm pretty butthurt :C

XxProdigyPiggyxX

11-26-2013

This happened to me.. but somehow I got it working. ._.
1. Make sure there's no updates..?
2. Make sure you have LoL installed in your Applications folder
3. Make sure Firewall is turned off (should be turned off)
4. If none of this works - well - repair it. It worked after I repaired.

sillylama11

12-12-2013

Same message!!! How do i fix plz help..