am I trash ??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awsar

09-10-2013

love Aram helped me learn how other champs work which helps when going against them.

I cheat at ARAM

09-10-2013

I'm in a love-hate relationship with it. Conceptually, I love it... however the current execution I find to be frustrating.

There's a lot of potential in this game mode. I wouldn't be surprised if the next major MOBA to compete with LoL and DotA is a game balanced around a single lane and constant team fights.

cBowen

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I cheat at ARAM View Post
There's a lot of potential in this game mode. I wouldn't be surprised if the next major MOBA to compete with LoL and DotA is a game balanced around a single lane and constant team fights.
god I hope that doesn't happen. I hope riot just improves it.

BoilermakerL128

09-11-2013

Let's you try out different 5-6 item builds.

pucakuro

09-11-2013

Aram is full of people who are reluctant to engage in team fights even if they got a tank like Zac or Amumu, you just have to suck it up and lose faster.

Ashfordjim

09-14-2013

I see ARAM as a fun way to pass the play when I don't have the time or patience for SR. ARAM is great to practice/learn:

Team fighting in simulated mid- and late-game scenarios
Item builds (it's taught me to check items much more frequently)
Familiarity with various matchups, play, and counterplay

I definitely find myself missing out and getting rusty on:

Jungling
REAL lane phase
Global objectives
All the little things (split pushing, buff control, map movement, map awareness, warding, lane pressure, farming, gold management, etc.) that come with time and experience on SR and make a big difference in the skill difference between teams.

I am dreading the day I have a brain fart and go suicide at a tower in SR to get back to base

Overall, it is just a very fun, casual game mode that has a different strategy than SR and attention to the details along with a familiarity with a wide range of champions will get you places, win-wise.

Caldorian

09-14-2013

Yes.

Pylair

09-14-2013

no, it is the aram smurfs who are trash.