am I trash ??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quartzmonkey

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Baconhawk View Post
Me too. Let's play one sometime.
Count me in, too!

Cafe Restoran

09-08-2013

Well, it is at least half true. There are no real ganks in aram, and the play style is very different; in aram, when you're low on health, if your team has no sustain, sometimes it's better to stay alert and play very aggressive when you see an opening so you try to get one guy down with you while you go shopping.
In SR, going in with low health is just not smart most times. Also, depending on how late into the game it is, you dying may not have that much of an impact in ARAM (you won't be feeding the enemies, and you won't be losing your lane either), which makes very high risk, high reward plays very effective.

Leonerdo

09-09-2013

It's true that ARAM is quite fun, and it helps you practice teamfighting, etc. But let's be honest, League of Legends IS Summoner's Rift, and all other modes are just really good mini-games. If you are playing ARAM exclusively, then in my opinion you aren't playing LoL.

That's a little harsh I suppose; more accurately, you are only playing maybe a third of LoL - the teamfighting third. You aren't doing any laning, or dealing with ganks, or contesting secondary objectives like Dragon and Baron. You are just teamfighting and pushing.

However, that is perfectly acceptable... for a while. I've gone on long ARAM sprees myself, but I always come back to Summoner's Rift eventually. Because Summoner's Rift is still the most intense, in-depth mode, and thus it is more fun and fulfilling, albeit more stressful as well.

Just my thoughts on the ARAM vs. Summoner's Rift.

TL;DR: ARAM isn't a bad mode, but Summoner's Rift is where it's at.

Cafe Restoran

09-09-2013

Yes, farm simulator! So intense!
Taking 1264 seconds to walk back to lane after backing, intensest!
Being constantly pushing and being poked by 5 champions is weak, they should do something to make aram more intense.

HarrisonOwns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

Quote:

Hahahahaha /nunubot

Ditto. IMHO, ARAM helps me:
  • Find new champs
  • Focus proper targets
  • Stop tunnel-visioning in teamfights
  • Play champs I normally wouldn't prefer
  • Understand counterplay of above champs by knowing their abilities and cooldowns

TL;DR ARAM rocks and you should just play what you enjoy. That's why they're "games," you know?
This post gets Riot's attention, but not the dozens of dodging, afk, and leaver threads? Lol. Hilarious.

Lammah

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonOwns View Post
This post gets Riot's attention, but not the dozens of dodging, afk, and leaver threads? Lol. Hilarious.
At least it means someone at Riot has been looking at the ARAM forums... so there's a glimmer of hope.

Basoosh

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammah View Post
At least it means someone at Riot has been looking at the ARAM forums... so there's a glimmer of hope.
This thread probably got started in GD and got moved here. /wrists

Dracobalt

Recruiter

09-09-2013

Quote:

Hahahahaha /nunubot

• Find new champs
  • Focus proper targets
  • Understand counterplay of above champs by knowing their abilities and cooldowns

TL;DR ARAM rocks and you should just play what you enjoy. That's why they're "games," you know?
I agree with all of this!! lol and ARAM actually helps me with adc. I always used to hate playing adc yet I started understanding how to play adcs though not fully yet...but when I've had to play adc lately I'll go Vayne and start out a little off...then carry in the end for the team! I got a MissFortune fed yesterday in SR because I messed up a bit just to come from behind to score a Quadra(yes my penta was stolen lol).

So I say ARAM really CAN help your SR game. Just gotta remember the priorities in each. ARAM is mostly teamfights which ends up helping you learn how to manage yourself in a teamfight better. That adc WILL run away when you get close. If you focus too much then the whole team will follow and end up dead. In an ARAM even 1 turret down means a lot.

Anyways that was my wall of text! My opinions!
Btw...Bacon! invite me to an ARAM sometime!

CommandShockwave

09-09-2013

Quote:

Hahahahaha /nunubot

• Find new champs
  • Focus proper targets

Also, dodging skillshots.

Ticking Death

09-10-2013

For a long time, I had to play bot games because I didn't have a large enough time block to PvP on SR. I got stupid rusty and, when I went back, I was not comfortable playing there at all. So, once I did get the time to play, I started playing ARAM in custom games to get back into PvP. Now, ARAM is really all I play. Part of it is that I'm kinda nervous going back to SR with all the meta changes. And after not playing for a while, I kind of wonder if I'll be matched with people with my same stats. Or will they match me with people with worse stats? In any case, ARAM is a great for several things:

• Learning how to prioritize targets in a team fight
  • Learning the mechanics of new champions
  • Learning the strengths and weaknesses of various champions
  • Warming up for SR and getting back into PvP
  • Learning better teamwork and communication
  • Understanding how to strategize against one or more enemies with an advantage
  • Learning how to adapt builds based on the type of damage being dealt and who is dealing it
  • Learning how to play ALL roles; not just carry or mage, but support, tank, bruiser, assassin, etc.
  • Learning that LoL is JUST A GAME - nothing to get all upset about, just have fun!