@ironstylus sivir pics?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlVIR

09-10-2013

omfg stylus why do you show up when i am gone from the forums.

conspiracy

ThatNinjaGuy

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Wait.. is that a thing?
Solunari confirmed.

DoomScar

09-10-2013

Dear IronStylus, please give Sivir the most gruntiest of gruntiest noises whenever she falls in battle.

I'm tired of champions that are acting all tough, and then just goes out like a sissy, or worse, occasionally sounds like they're having the "o" word. She's a warrior after all.

DoomScar

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxLegend View Post
More than I care to count. The material of cloth and leather usually being reserved for thieves, rouges, and rangers doesn't explain the need of bikini armor.

Edit: to be completely clear the only thing I don't like about the posted picture is actually her uncovered shoulders. Why wear a scarf and wear nothing on your shoulders? Who does that?

Edit 2: Another thing, I've never known a woman to wear a strap over their shoulder that falls directly on top of their breast that wasn't an undergarment. I imagine that's because it would be fairly painful for them. So what is that golden strap doing over Sivir's right breast?
Uhhh.... welcome to fantasy games...?

CSDragon

09-10-2013

Quote:
So, I think you've said it yourself in that second paragraph. The concept serves the purpose of the character. Does Sivir need to be covered in head-to-toe plate for reasons of theme or function? Nope! There's some story to the various accouterments that she has, but that's a story for another time. Simple fact is that she's not riding into front line battle, she's agile, quick and strong.

Sivir has an innate fantasy of the Xena type warrior Amazonian in her. That had to be preserved, and there was enough to work with on her original base that we could reinforce that fantasy while also keeping some of the visual markers that she had already. Bare midriff, bit of shoulder armor, a hint of nomadic feel.

I'm 100% for whatever the character needs. If that means stripping clothing away for a good thematic reason, then I'll do that. If it means adding on to strengthen a fantasy, then I'll do that too. I like to abide by as much context as I can. Not that I'm going to stick to rigid context, this is a fantasy game after all!
While I agree with you about the feel and being true to the character as being the most important, what I was getting at was the difference between the heavy armor on her limbs and groin, but no armor on her vitals. Also, I said "effective armor" not "heavy armor". I think we can all agree that an agile ranged barbarian/berserker doesn't need a full plate, but why not some studded leather? Maybe that doesn't quite fit her Amazonian look but then what about one of those heart guards that I have no clue what the name is, but Ike is wearing one here or the 3rd guy here. Now don't get me wrong, I still love the redesign, I just think that the disparity between her armor where it matters and armor where it's more optional is a little off-putting. To me it looks like she was wearing a full set of light armor initially then someone said "Shoot! We forgot to make her sexy!" (which is kind of reinforced by the 3 other concepts shown in the video)

Also: Story time sooner rather than later plz. If you don't tell us I'll seek you out at worlds and get you to tell it then. :3
Also also: no comment on "I-Sty" being the best nickname ever?

SolluxAradia

09-10-2013

Quote:
*SLAP!*

How dare you even ask that question!

Taric being fabulous is a goddamn universal constant!
So you mean to say he's like John Cusack?

Hollywood Cool

09-10-2013

Quote:
*SLAP!*

How dare you even ask that question!

Taric being fabulous is a goddamn universal constant!
I swear to god, if activating his W does not create lots of sparkles with a fabulous sfx attached I will find you and take away your cracker.

EDIT: Nah I can't do that I love parrots and parakeets too much. ;_;

Sailor Galaxia

09-10-2013

Quote:
So, I think you've said it yourself in that second paragraph. The concept serves the purpose of the character. Does Sivir need to be covered in head-to-toe plate for reasons of theme or function? Nope! There's some story to the various accouterments that she has, but that's a story for another time. Simple fact is that she's not riding into front line battle, she's agile, quick and strong.

Sivir has an innate fantasy of the Xena type warrior Amazonian in her. That had to be preserved, and there was enough to work with on her original base that we could reinforce that fantasy while also keeping some of the visual markers that she had already. Bare midriff, bit of shoulder armor, a hint of nomadic feel.

I'm 100% for whatever the character needs. If that means stripping clothing away for a good thematic reason, then I'll do that. If it means adding on to strengthen a fantasy, then I'll do that too. I like to abide by as much context as I can. Not that I'm going to stick to rigid context, this is a fantasy game after all!
Isn't she also from Shurima desert? or something. She'd be boiling inside a huge set of armor in that heat!

Tygerian

09-11-2013

Those abs... Parrot, You're too kind

The Onix Mage

09-11-2013

I've actually did a comparison of previous Sivir and the new VU version. I gotta say I'm very satisfied of how it looks.

Sivir's weapon looks like an actual weapon (litterally sharper as well as badass). I also love what you did with the 'top' of her attire (no need to show cleavage, though still gives off that amazoian/independent feel to it). I also love the bikini bottom redesign as well. Everything about the attire looks good.

I do have question for ya.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CyW8Q1l0aM the last two 'attempts' at sivir (before the finalized version), I can see you really tried to put in a 'battle Jasmine' feel to it as well as the other sivir. I'm curious what was going on in your mind when those two were designed and why those didn't make the cut.