Champion Sneak Peek: Ao Shin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lestius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2013

So people didnt have enough with shyvana as a Dragon?

Coldmanj

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isist View Post
And then you realize Ao Kuang is a ripoff of Journey to the West.
pssssst... so is wukong

DwN WiT Da ClOwN

09-08-2013

Collecting the Dragon balls as we speak to summon this Mystical Dragon!

AquaDragon42

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkuttlePhish View Post
I personally don't feel very hyped, most due to the fact that his design and model don't really fit with the rest of the League of Legends art style. The same thing happened to Rob Blackblade, the dashing rouge, and while I don't totally think he should be scrapped, I also feel that he shares a lot of visual traits from the Parasite, the buff boss in the closed beta game Dawngate,http://i.imgur.com/cyb8H9Gl.jpg . Not that anyone really cares about opinions anymore, but I just don't like this character.
Well, I respect your opinion but I have 2 things to say that I hope to agree on.

1) Not everyone has to like the same champs. Heck, some of the champs I despise the most are played by my brother and my cousin, yet we all know this and have accepted this long ago and thus we have no problems.

2) I think his design is actually pretty spot on. Yes when looked at next to someone like Garen he doesn't fit, but when you think about it he isn't supposed to fit next to Garen. Why is this? He is Ionian and thus as an Ionian style. Next to Master Yi, Irelia and SG Udyr he looks right at home, at least that is my opinion. Just like how a Demacian looks out of place in the Shadow Iles, this champ looks out of place when compared to champs not from Ionia.

Platypusmaster

09-08-2013

"Wanted a Dragon Champion". What about Shyvanna?

stealthfox94

09-08-2013

Shyvana does not count lol.

lordshen3

09-08-2013

please do this champ first and get it done and out ASPA look at all the support you have here riot ( +1 BUYER)

I am Razgriz

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Too early to talk role sorry. The gameplay design on Ao Shin is being done by a designer who's been with Riot for a bit but hasn't previously released a champion though, and I'm sure he'll be really keen to drop by to introduce himself and chat kit details as soon as we're ready.
Can't wait to hear about it. I hope they can fill more than one role though. Like the APCs who can also be support. Like Lux. I might actually play an AP champ with this guy.

Kcugi

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
Shyvana's dragon form is based off the Western style dragon, much like the neutral dragon mob down in the lower half of the river.
More like Vyvern, not Dragon.

Ao Shin is indeed a chinese Dragon like, but for me it is poor concept.
I mean, he is avesome dragon from oriental mitology and stuff, but... C'mon, do we really need another dragon?

Why doesn't we have Wraith champion yet? Or T-rex like one? Even Harpy would cut it.
Meh concept for me, but +1 for trying.

spicytacos69r

09-08-2013

marry me