Champion Sneak Peek: Ao Shin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necro9 XY RO

09-08-2013

I hope this isn't to much of an off-topic and I didn't read all those commets before cuz' there are many of them... I just found this topic today and I read this:

Quote:
The community's been asking for a dragon champion for some time, but we knew we couldn't just do any dragon. With each new champ, we try and push the limits of what's technically and creatively possible. Ao Shin is no different. One of the challenges we're looking forward to tackling is how to capture his unique anatomy and movement in a way that brings a new dimension to the champion pool. It's too early to go into much detail, but we're really excited about the ways this champion will move across the battlefield.
I kinda feel bad for Shyvana now... isn't she a dragon or something? Maybe they should be related somehow. If you ask me, Shyvana is more than enough even though she is only half dragon.
I personally(and this is just my opinion) don't like the concept of a dragon type champion and I haven't seen so many players addicted to this. It's that they like every champion that League releases, not considering them only by the concept they were made off or something like that.

Sorry if my english was bad...

scrtwpnx

09-08-2013

this is a korean dragon. it has 4 toes. chinese dragons have 5 toes, japanese dragons have 3. the lore is the farther dragons are away from home, the more toes they lose.

Wow cc nub

09-08-2013

I really hope he's not another APC. We're in dire need of more pure supports and pure tanks.

Necro9 XY RO

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow cc nub View Post
I really hope he's not another APC. We're in dire need of more pure supports and pure tanks.
well... I think it'll be more like something suited for jungle/top or support. they just released an ADC, but an APC isn't that much of a bad idea either.
but inded the game needs more support champions. if you go in ranked you'll always end up having 2-3 support banned just because they are considered as being OP or whatever and you have no choice but to break the meta sometimes.

AquaDragon42

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtwpnx View Post
this is a korean dragon. it has 4 toes. chinese dragons have 5 toes, japanese dragons have 3. the lore is the farther dragons are away from home, the more toes they lose.
From his name, abilities and aesthetics I believe he is a Chinese dragon. Also the fact that he is based on one of the 4 dragon kings in many Chinese legends such as "Journey to the West" (by the way, great read and highly encourage others to read it). Though that's just my opinion based on his over all design instead of focusing on 1 single detail.

Mestrothu

09-08-2013

him(?) and shyvana need to have unique taunts lines for each other

AlexTangerine

09-08-2013

Jade dragon Ao Shin?

IIllIlIIl

09-08-2013

I really enjoy the look of this champion!
I look forward to it. I just hope he doesn't come out too strong to where every person plays him to win their game through an overly strong carry.

IMSOJUICY

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Too early to talk role sorry. The gameplay design on Ao Shin is being done by a designer who's been with Riot for a bit but hasn't previously released a champion though, and I'm sure he'll be really keen to drop by to introduce himself and chat kit details as soon as we're ready.
tell him to quit dragon his feet and get his ass in this thread!

slowslowslowslow

09-08-2013

Do we like? Well, I like...