Champion Sneak Peek: Ao Shin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

underknown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2013

Not sure if you guys know yet or are allowed to say, but any ideas on what sort of role he might fill? My first instinct was AP Carry as typically a lot of the more elemental champions tend to fall in that range, but this

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
Ao Shin embodies this elemental duality, capable of raining good fortune on his allies and, in the very next breath, bringing stormy, thunderous ruin upon his foes.
kind of made me think support with CC. Interesting either way, thanks for the update.

Lulocaust

09-08-2013

So... many... people posting about the fkin dragon from Smite. NO ONE CARES. ALL CHAMPIONS COME FROM SOMEWHERE. You could say anything came from anything. I could say Evelynn came from xmen. Nasus and Renekton came from Egyptian gods. Pantheon came from the spartan/gladiator movies. Nautilus came from Big Daddy's in Bioshock. Urgot came from Frankenstein. Wukong came from the monkey king from chinese lore (and was also out BEFORE SMITE's monkey king.) Zilean (Or Heimerdinger for that matter) came from Hephaestus (Greek god that forged many things.) And hell, even Alistar from the secret cow level in Diablo. Lol. So, I'm just saying that inspiration comes from everywhere. Just cause one champion looks similar to another from another game, doesn't mean it is the same thing.

JujuTeOwn

09-08-2013

Are you gonna do that champion or its a fan art?

Pazer Panda

09-08-2013

Let's start with the inspiration for his name: Ao is the family name of the mythological dragon kings, who rule water and weather. This tells us right away that this is a powerful, elegant being, above the concerns and rules of men. Shin, avoiding using Kuang as the name at all costs to avoid a total copy.

WintrBorn

09-08-2013

Talking about dragons... plz bring over Jakiro... I'll never have to sneak around on League with other games if he were to come over.

namielise

09-08-2013

i'd say he'll be an orianna,lissandra type of champ :utility AP carry

Jukka Sarasti

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archadion View Post
I love the concept art of this champion, he looks absolutely gorgeous. But as a fan of Shyvana, I have to ask. Do you think that this is moving in on Shyvana's territory at all? Her unique lore is that she's a half-dragon, and this champion's unique lore seems to be that he's a dragon. I trust that the two will be very different; this one is styled in a very chinese way, after all, but it still seems a little odd to me. Like adding a Tarantula champion, and viewing that as completely different to Elise the half-spider.

Love the concept, worried about Shyvana's unique identity within the League.
Dude, god forbid they ever make a second human character in league. I mean, could you imagine, a game where 90+% of the cast are ALL HUMAN. I mean, that's 90 of the exact same, cookie cutter, clone, palette swap, same kit, same story, champions with nothing to differentiate them from one another.

I mean that would really suck, and, invalidate your point.

HIFinestz

09-08-2013

This looks a lot like this http://gyazo.com/28573b4211a64874a3e62e623e008c85

DoctorPepperOwns

Recruiter

09-08-2013

Will Ao Shin be bruiser like?

AsianCoconut

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulocaust View Post
So... many... people posting about the fkin dragon from Smite. NO ONE CARES. ALL CHAMPIONS COME FROM SOMEWHERE. You could say anything came from anything. I could say Evelynn came from xmen. Nasus and Renekton came from Egyptian gods. Pantheon came from the spartan/gladiator movies. Nautilus came from Big Daddy's in Bioshock. Urgot came from Frankenstein. Wukong came from the monkey king from chinese lore (and was also out BEFORE SMITE's monkey king.) Zilean (Or Heimerdinger for that matter) came from Hephaestus (Greek god that forged many things.) And hell, even Alistar from the secret cow level in Diablo. Lol. So, I'm just saying that inspiration comes from everywhere. Just cause one champion looks similar to another from another game, doesn't mean it is the same thing.
Secret cow level? I thought he was from the Greco-Roman minotaur myths Although yes, Ao Shin is based off of old asian lore that goes waaaay before smite or any other games.