Champion Sneak Peek: Ao Shin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coldmanj

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Fair concern, quite agree we should avoid disempowering existing champions with new ones. One of the things that appealed to us about Ao Shin in the first place though was that we saw an opportunity to do something pretty different dragon wise that wouldn't step on Shyvana's talons. Another western fire breathing dragon on the other hand would have created those sort of problems.
This very thing crossed my mind when one of you reds were taking polls and questions regarding if another dragon champ would be a good fit. While i feel you are taking it in the perfect direction by bringing a more eastern feel, it would still be interesting to tie shyvana into ao shin lore in some way. Perhaps he is seeking her out to eliminate her or maybe to test her in some way.

I cant actually think of any crossovers of eastern and western dragons where the two meet and face each other. You could possibly look at it in an evolution sort of way how dragons evolved differently in separate areas of valoran which is why Ao Shin looks so different compared to Shyvanas dragon form but is still considered a dragon.

Edit:
this kind of direction would also help maintain shyvanas identity while allowing the two to exist in the same universe/settings without creating overwhelming confusion. Skirting the fact that these two will be confronting each other while both being considered dragons while shyv looks like this and ao shin looks like that but they are both like huh... i mean you know... there is this but then there is that... *head explodes*

Bad Luck Braum

09-08-2013

hope it has interaction with

Udyr <- Obvious reasons
Janna <--- WINDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Shyvana <--- rawrrrrrrrrrr imma dragonnnnnnnnnn
Olaf <--- FUS RO DHRAOHGAOJALGJALGJLJ

PHoToS999

09-08-2013

Wow! This is a really cool concept. I look forward to hearing more about this champion, since he sounds like, dare I say it, a new Karma, showering good on his allies and pain on his enemies.

Senirath

09-08-2013

Upcoming movie: Finding Nami.

ValoxBear

Astral Owl

09-08-2013

Oh wow. Looks absolutely amazing. Haven't been this excited for a champ since thresh!!

Concern Doge

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaClown View Post
BEASt nice work!

Are you going to do a Zbrush art spotlight with him?
RIOT pls its been forever since you've done an art spotlight.

Ornan

09-08-2013

holy **** that beard

M0nkAX

09-08-2013

nc concept but cant we get a sneak peak about the upcoming champion???

sammich kek

09-08-2013

k put him in the game i want it tomorrow