Did China just leak a upcoming champ on stream?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

09-07-2013

I hope He's a mid-lane champ

firesflame4

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Dragon Master Swain's on our list of skins we aim to do at some point. No firm timetable yet on when, can say not in the immediate future at the very least though.

for the love of god this better be shyvana's father and u bring him back to live.

he was one of the few all powerful celestial dragons.

i need to bring them back.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

09-07-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Ao Shin's one of those champion concepts that we've been considering for quite a while (initial art concepts for example started last year). Until recently though there were still some big outstanding questions, story and gameplay in particular, that we hadn't answered, so we weren't ready to go ahead with him as a champion. We're not ready to talk about a lot of his details yet, we definitely will once we can of course though.

Color Deaf

09-07-2013

Quote:
Ao Shin's one of those champion concepts that we've been considering for quite a while (initial art concepts for example started last year). Until recently though there were still some big outstanding questiions, story and gameplay in particular, that we hadn't answered, so we weren't ready to go ahead with him as a champion. We're not ready to talk about a lot of his details yet, we definitely will once we can of course though.
Can you share a bit with us a bit of information about what role the dragon champion might fit into?

The Dunkmaster

09-07-2013

Quote:
Hey all!

This is indeed concept art for an upcoming champion we're working on! Really excited about him, given this is the sort of concept we haven't explored that much yet, opportunity for some cool stuff as a result.

One thing to bear in mind though is that this is a really early preview - this champ's quite a way off. For those wondering this is also a different champion to the one CertainlyT's mentioned he's working on that's a couple of champion releases away.
I F*CKING KNEW THIS WOULD BE RELEASED FROM THE END OF THE UDYR COMIC! I SO KNEW lT!

I think it's a Watcher.

EDIT - Scratch that, he'll likely be released Chinese New Year 2014

Faceplosion

09-07-2013

Quote:
Ao Shin's one of those champion concepts that we've been considering for quite a while (initial art concepts for example started last year). Until recently though there were still some big outstanding questiions, story and gameplay in particular, that we hadn't answered, so we weren't ready to go ahead with him as a champion. We're not ready to talk about a lot of his details yet, we definitely will once we can of course though.
Can you at least tell us his planned roles?

Mythological

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urgot my Waifu View Post
Ao Shin is Gypsylords champion, stormy dragon is CertainlyT's champion.
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/09...k-ao-shin.html
Gg

The Core Augur

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzadan View Post
Im not a man though, Andrew Acaiberry ~!
Should we be more alarmed that this guy posted someone's name, and, maybe, username?

Gidoru

09-07-2013

Quote:
One thing to bear in mind though is that this is a really early preview - this champ's quite a way off.
So basically this means we will see him in 10 years given how slow champion releases have been lately. Care to comment on why you guys have been taking so long to release champions?

At the start of the reason I believe someone at Riot said they were shooting for 12-14 champions this year but at the current pace you it doesnt seem you will have anywhere near that number.