Countering tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jusho1

09-09-2013

i play yorick top alot and im used to having total control of the lane with little issue. Last night i started seeing tryndamere top alot and i couldnt counter him once he got his " you cant die" ability. I know it only lasts 5-6 seconds but i couldnt counter it. we would crash into each other id would get him down to 1hp with more then half my hp bar left but still lose the encounter.

Any suggestion on countering this?

Nick Crusaire

09-09-2013

frozen heart, randuins and ninja tabi.

don't pop your ult immediately, wait till he does.

jusho1

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Crusaire View Post
frozen heart, randuins and ninja tabi.

don't pop your ult immediately, wait till he does.

i had thought about going more tanky but the 1st item needed is a manume. since i get rolled once he hits 6 im going to get push out of lane before i get my 1st tank items

Sleipnir of Hel

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusho1 View Post
im going to get push out of lane before i get my 1st tank items
If you're getting pushed out as Yorick, you're doing it wrong.

Actually it's funny. See, Trynd has a better level 1, possibly a better level 2. But once you hit 3, Yorick takes a messy dump on Trynd's chest.

Critkeeper

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir of Hel View Post
If you're getting pushed out as Yorick, you're doing it wrong.

Actually it's funny. See, Trynd has a better level 1, possibly a better level 2. But once you hit 3, Yorick takes a messy dump on Trynd's chest.
Then you play against a Trynda with defensive masteries, lifesteal quints and cloth 5.

BlazingSalvo

09-09-2013

AP Yorick with Laundry's

Tankajin

09-09-2013

Yorick is one of those top laners you don't want to face, as anyone.

He's not exactly melee, but not ranged either.

He doesn't deal a ton of upfront damage ... but his ghouls just eat away at your health like it's popcorn.

He isn't extremely tanky, but has monstrous sustain.

Also, double's your ADC's power.

Tryndamere isn't really a big problem, since I play a ton of Udyr Top lane, whenever I see Tryn it's an easy lane phase and he just ends up being benched. Tiger him a few times and he's gone.

Build wise tho, I'd go for an early tabi's and tear on yorick. anytime a Yorick did that it gave me a hard time, He couldn't kill me, but I couldn't kill him or push him out of lane either. it was at a standstill -_-

Sleipnir of Hel

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Trynda View Post
Then you play against a Trynda with defensive masteries, lifesteal quints and cloth 5.
Yorick loves fighting Cloth 5 players. See, it doesn't help them. Yorick deals primarily magic damage with his W and E, so armor doesn't help. But really, when do Trynds play with 9/21? It's always 21/9, so they're squishy and 1 round of QWE is 3/4ths of their HP.

Xzarium

09-09-2013

tryn has the tools to outsustain yorick
literally on the best tryndamere guide that anyone can follow and be successful with, yorick is listed as an easy matchup for this reason, his constant ghoul harass just isn't enough to push tryn out of lane if he just wants to sustain or even farm up on his turret, and once he hits 6 he can actually all in yorick and win

and you don't wanna be behind as yorick vs tryn, it's brutal as i'm sure you've realized
your best bet is probably building tanky ad countering things like frozen heart or gauntlet (which is core on yorick anyways). as long as tryn isnt stupid enough to all in you early when you have all 3 ghouls up you're really not gonna kill him in lane while he'll have an easy time bringing in the wrath of the jungler if you push

Sleipnir of Hel

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzarium View Post
and once he hits 6 he can actually all in yorick and win
Tryndamere can't even stay in melee range of Yorick for more than 2 auto attacks, let alone "all in him".