Thresh pull hitbox

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loc J Leno

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustyLoliChan View Post
That's a good point actually
usually I average about 80-90

but even still most skill shots are dodgeable from where I'm usually standing it's just thresh's that always gets me
Maybe you just suck?

Rockman

09-07-2013

I think my ping lies to me. It says 60, but I've been hit by skillshots at least a teemo.

tenrel

09-07-2013

it is also considerably harder to hit than rocket grab because of the windup time.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

I have heard this complaint from several people, though I tend to feel like Thresh's grab generally hits true. I'll take a peak at the missile from different cast positions and see if camera angle is contributing -- there are ways to minimize its impact.

For reference, here are some stats on similar spells:

Death Sentence -- CastTime=0.5 LineWidth=70.0000 MissileSpeed=1900.0000 CastRange=1100
Rocket Grab -- CastTime=0.25 LineWidth=70.0000 MissileSpeed=1800.0000 CastRange=1050.0000
Bandage Toss -- CastTime=0.433 LineWidth=80.0000 MissileSpeed=2000.0000 CastRange=1100.000
Anchor Drag -- CastTime=0.25 LineWidth=90.0000 MissileSpeed=2000.0000 CastRange=1100
Holy ****, hard values.

Never expected to see that.

So Rocket Grab and Bandage toss use the same launch mechanic? that's pretty neat.

Maybe if i may suggest it has to do with the missile speed? Maybe i'm not the only one...

but i always thought Blitz's skillshot was one of the fastest in the game. i'm actually surprised it's slower than Thresh's. Maybe Thresh's skillshot is deceptively slow in appearance?

NotanNSAplant

09-07-2013

It's also possible it's the champions and minion hitbox, not the hook's. I do it with lux's q as well.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2013

After reading some of the posts, i'm wondering if it's anything related to the core stats, and not the animation

it sounds like to many, spells in this field just aren't generally telling their legnths well.Could they be wider than they currently show? Longer?

Are the skillshots deceptive, or the animations that depict them?

timpar3

09-07-2013

The worst offender out there is Morgana... I've been hit by a Q when I was WAY out of range. The width of it must be well over 100. There is no precision needed in it, just aim in the general direction. I feel it goes past it's animation as well.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-07-2013

Bump? @CertainlyT?

Minishmaster

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Bandage Toss -- CastTime=0.433
Why

Rockman

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minishmaster View Post
Why
He's from the island of misfit misfit toys. he can't have similar numbers, then they would have something in common to talk about!