Thresh pull hitbox

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kdHuCoB8S3

09-07-2013

lol at broken naut's pull numbers.

outclasses all of them but I guess it's balanced since it can't go through terrain l0l0l0l

Szunray

09-07-2013

You realize the narrower it is, the easier it is to slip through minions right?

Ever try grabbing a champ through two minions as Nautilus?

Mikemaximum

09-07-2013

It bothers thresh players just as much.

kdHuCoB8S3

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szunray View Post
You realize the narrower it is, the easier it is to slip through minions right?

Ever try grabbing a champ through two minions as Nautilus?
Lol that's so stupid. So because of a nigh unpractical and odd scenario, his pull is somehow subpar?

Szunray

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvI5syndrome View Post
Lol that's so stupid. So because of a nigh unpractical and odd scenario, his pull is somehow subpar?
You mean the nigh impractical and odd scenario of ganking any lane not completely devoid of enemy minions from the jungle?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
For reference, here are some stats on similar spells:

Death Sentence -- CastTime=0.5 LineWidth=70.0000 MissileSpeed=1900.0000 CastRange=1100
Rocket Grab -- CastTime=0.25 LineWidth=70.0000 MissileSpeed=1800.0000 CastRange=1050.0000
Bandage Toss -- CastTime=0.433 LineWidth=80.0000 MissileSpeed=2000.0000 CastRange=1100.000
Anchor Drag -- CastTime=0.25 LineWidth=90.0000 MissileSpeed=2000.0000 CastRange=1100
I have routinely been "hit" by these spells, when the animation clearly missed my champion, or an ally near me. This is incredibly frustrating, as you feel cheated. You skillfully dodged a fight changing skillshot, only to be dragged/stunned by it anyway.

boblikesgrundle

09-07-2013

I think amumu's bandage is a horrid offender of too large of a hit box for the animation both when im playing against, or playing as. hate bandaging minions when i'm trying to hit an enemy champ, and hate thinking i've dodged his damned bandage just to have it do this weird side step and leap to me

kdHuCoB8S3

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szunray View Post
You mean the nigh impractical and odd scenario of ganking any lane not completely devoid of enemy minions from the jungle?
Yes, you said it yourself. He's a jungler.

Laners perhaps might spend time looking for pulls in between minions, after all they sit there for over 10 minutes. But why would Naut bother doing that when ganking a lane? Common sense tells you that he would look for a clean pull just like anyone would, even jungle blitzcrank.

Also, minions aren't an issue late game.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvI5syndrome View Post
Also, minions aren't an issue late game.
Don't underestimate hero minions.

cimbop

09-07-2013

I think in general a lot of the hitboxes for spells in this game need a bit of work, I don't think it feels better to land a shot that looked like it shouldn't have landed than it does to be hit by a shot that shouldn't have landed.

Currently the games slanted towards landing the shot when it's very close, the hitbox is always bigger than the particle.