Riot and PAX and me(image intense)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

09-06-2013

So I am really shy about putting myself out there for most reasons, especially if I'm putting my face up for GD to see *gulp* but I promised some rioters I would... So I'll overcome my nerves!

Speaking of nerves on of the things was I was going to cosplay ezreal, but I wimped out like I do when I finish a division series. So I only brought and wore the gauntlet I made.

this is what it looked like before it got jacked up from the train depot not carefully handling my luggage!
Name:  DSC_0027.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  169.1 KB
It could be better, it does light up, and I was just nervous about it. People at the convention said it was good so that made me feel a bit better.

My goals with PAX were varied, but mainly I was there to meet people I think are awesome and tell them that and just make it a human experience. One goal was to meet rioters and spend whatever time I could chatting with them, getting to know them and telling them that despite all the Q_Q we all may give, I appreciate the awesome they give.

So I started out with mostly non-leauge stuff, but I did get into the pro games for the NA spot in the finals. I'm honestly not one for live sporting events, but it was quite impressive, it changed my mind in some ways.
Name:  DSC_7851.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  380.0 KB
Name:  DSC_7855.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  340.6 KB

The stage was super slick and I don't know how they did what they did but the animations on the champion select thing was pretty sweet. It was way too packed for my anti-social tendencies so I left each time I entered after just 20 minutes or so.

I went back at the end of the day to see if I could meet anyone and see what else there was. I got info and promptly left.

The next few days I did much more. I sadly missed the sivir rework sit in, riot is bad at doing at con advertising so I missed that, but I got wind of a new sivir skin being made live...I was excited.
Name:  DSC_7952.jpg
Views: 3391
Size:  208.3 KB
However first I got to meet some rioters. One person I was hoping I'd meet more than any was Iron Stylus. I mean, hey I carried into gold with leona, and he is the mastermind behind some great things and is the nicest of forum going rioters. I got super lucky to have found and met him. He was pretty much as relaxed and nice as you might expect.
Name:  DSC_8016.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  199.6 KB
Another happy surprise was grumpy monkey. That guy is awesome. I found him sitting at the wacom booth sitting there making a hi res rammus model in Zbrush to 3d print there.
Name:  DSC_7935.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  267.4 KB
Name:  DSC_7940.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  236.2 KB
Which turned out with a certain degree of success. But I think for a first time he learned pretty well how to do it the right way next time. But it was still fantastic.
Name:  DSC_8020.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  165.5 KB
Name:  DSC_8023.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  241.0 KB
By the way Grumpy monkey, I think I speak for us all when I say, that making these things for sale would be pretty awesome if you could do it somehow. I'd soooo buy one.

I got to meet ohmikegoodness too. That guy is really peppy and a blast. I enjoyed his company a lot. I kind of forgot to get a pic of him but I was kind of just overloaded from all the things PAX had to offer.

I also met feralpony who I left alone because I always feel like a terrible person if I ever prod into design stuff. "Soon" and rumors don't make for good public info so I decided I'd let him not worry about a tid bit of info let slip that may make PR a nightmare. He had taric hair, it was pretty glorious.

I also met Dafodill who wants the name Daffodil, because someone took the name. So if you are out there, give her that name. Its only 1 L and she was really nice and had to stand in a booth all weekend so she deserves it I think.

I got a picture with Tamat
Name:  DSC_7934.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  235.2 KB
who totally legit %110 promised me he'd make tiamat tuesday have its own queue for tuesdays and remove the unique passive on it for that game mode and even promised a possible ravenous wednesday.....I'm totally not lying. He totally didn't say "It would be kind of hard, we'll see" or anything...ehem He also told me I'd been pronouncing guinsoo wrong for the last 3-4 years. Its "gin-sue" not "gooin soh". Who wasn't there because his job is so massive I think they secretly have him locked in a dungeon working on the game.

One thing I hated was the swag *****s. Every time they threw stuff into the audience I got pretty ticked off, it was just a sea of grubby little hands like sea anenomes.

However on the bright side I got to see the kog maw cannon that shoots shirts. Its kind of awesome. On the dark side those same hands prevented me from getting any photos of it. If you are out there swag *****s, I am a photographer, and I wanted to take a lawn mower to all your arms! muahahahahahah! >

Ahem, I did miss the cosplay stuff, which I'm kicking myself for, but I was there for the fun, not as a press or anything, so I don't get paid to sit in a chair all day I had places to go!

I also met a really cool ton of other rioters, some I'd rather not drag into this post because it would take too long, and some of them most people don't know are rioters, and I think having anonymity is great. So here is a picture of rioters on stage dancing like the minions they are for phreak trying to appease him so that they can play vs the community on stage.

But hey rioters, if I met you, I'm sorry if I clung around you too long and got too annoying, I'm not a social butterfly so I kind of just wanted to let you know that you are what makes me work hard to get better at this game. Its why I get mad, its why I rejoice, its why I push for making things the best I can, and its why I keep you to your best work. So it never hurts to ask, you can add me in game if you want, I won't annoy you with a friend request if you don't want to be bothered.

As a parting note, I will soon be leaving for 2 years, and I won't be able to play. I'm so serious I'll probably end up dumping $200 in RP and have a family member buy cool exclusive skins as they come out while I'm gone. I'm that serious. So with that, I want to say, I honestly want you guys to work somehow on the community side of LOL. It is very lacking. I know there are community sites outside of here, but a offical spruce up of forums and making it easier to organize things would go a long way. I KNOW pendragon doesn't like me because I've pushed to make the forums 1000 times better and I still poke and prod about it. But its because I LOVE online communities, and these forums make it so hard to organize and communicate in a sensible manner to a large audience without your words being lost. Its not stable, its almost anarchy and I'd appreciate you guys seriously looking into it. Its the only thing I think you could do better at this point...besides maybe the client. But the client is at least livable.

Rainy Avenue

09-06-2013

When I put in the arcade hecarim code

I did not expect that to work
at all.

Thanks so much ;o; <3 (nice ez glove btw, looks amazing!)

Dark Vanitas

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoram View Post
So I am really shy about putting myself out there for most reasons, especially if I'm putting my face up for GD to see *gulp* but I promised some rioters I would... So I'll overcome my nerves!

Speaking of nerves on of the things was I was going to cosplay ezreal, but I wimped out like I do when I finish a division series. So I only brought and wore the gauntlet I made.

this is what it looked like before it got jacked up from the train depot not carefully handling my luggage!
Attachment 775048
It could be better, it does light up, and I was just nervous about it. People at the convention said it was good so that made me feel a bit better.

My goals with PAX were varied, but mainly I was there to meet people I think are awesome and tell them that and just make it a human experience. One goal was to meet rioters and spend whatever time I could chatting with them, getting to know them and telling them that despite all the Q_Q we all may give, I appreciate the awesome they give.

So I started out with mostly non-leauge stuff, but I did get into the pro games for the NA spot in the finals. I'm honestly not one for live sporting events, but it was quite impressive, it changed my mind in some ways.
Attachment 775050
Attachment 775051

The stage was super slick and I don't know how they did what they did but the animations on the champion select thing was pretty sweet. It was way too packed for my anti-social tendencies so I left each time I entered after just 20 minutes or so.

I went back at the end of the day to see if I could meet anyone and see what else there was. I got info and promptly left.

The next few days I did much more. I sadly missed the sivir rework sit in, riot is bad at doing at con advertising so I missed that, but I got wind of a new sivir skin being made live...I was excited.
Attachment 775053
However first I got to meet some rioters. One person I was hoping I'd meet more than any was Iron Stylus. I mean, hey I carried into gold with leona, and he is the mastermind behind some great things and is the nicest of forum going rioters. I got super lucky to have found and met him. He was pretty much as relaxed and nice as you might expect.
Attachment 775054
Another happy surprise was grumpy monkey. That guy is awesome. I found him sitting at the wacom booth sitting there making a hi res rammus model in Zbrush to 3d print there.
Attachment 775057
Attachment 775058
Which turned out with a certain degree of success. But I think for a first time he learned pretty well how to do it the right way next time. But it was still fantastic.
Attachment 775060
Attachment 775062
By the way Grumpy monkey, I think I speak for us all when I say, that making these things for sale would be pretty awesome if you could do it somehow. I'd soooo buy one.

I got to meet ohmikegoodness too. That guy is really peppy and a blast. I enjoyed his company a lot. I kind of forgot to get a pic of him but I was kind of just overloaded from all the things PAX had to offer.

I also met feralpony who I left alone because I always feel like a terrible person if I ever prod into design stuff. "Soon" and rumors don't make for good public info so I decided I'd let him not worry about a tid bit of info let slip that may make PR a nightmare. He had taric hair, it was pretty glorious.

I also met Dafodill who wants the name Daffodil, because someone took the name. So if you are out there, give her that name. Its only 1 L and she was really nice and had to stand in a booth all weekend so she deserves it I think.

I got a picture with Tamat
Attachment 775068
who totally legit %110 promised me he'd make tiamat tuesday have its own queue for tuesdays and remove the unique passive on it for that game mode and even promised a possible ravenous wednesday.....I'm totally not lying. He totally didn't say "It would be kind of hard, we'll see" or anything...ehem He also told me I'd been pronouncing guinsoo wrong for the last 3-4 years. Its "gin-sue" not "gooin soh". Who wasn't there because his job is so massive I think they secretly have him locked in a dungeon working on the game.

One thing I hated was the swag *****s. Every time they threw stuff into the audience I got pretty ticked off, it was just a sea of grubby little hands like sea anenomes.
Attachment 775070

However on the bright side I got to see the kog maw cannon that shoots shirts. Its kind of awesome. On the dark side those same hands prevented me from getting any photos of it. If you are out there swag *****s, I am a photographer, and I wanted to take a lawn mower to all your arms! muahahahahahah! >

Ahem, I did miss the cosplay stuff, which I'm kicking myself for, but I was there for the fun, not as a press or anything, so I don't get paid to sit in a chair all day I had places to go!

I also met a really cool ton of other rioters, some I'd rather not drag into this post because it would take too long, and some of them most people don't know are rioters, and I think having anonymity is great.

But hey rioters, if I met you, I'm sorry if I clung around you too long and got too annoying, I'm not a social butterfly so I kind of just wanted to let you know that you are what makes me work hard to get better at this game. Its why I get mad, its why I rejoice, its why I push for making things the best I can, and its why I keep you to your best work. So it never hurts to ask, you can add me in game if you want, I won't annoy you with a friend request if you don't want to be bothered.

As a parting note, I will soon be leaving for 2 years, and I won't be able to play. I'm so serious I'll probably end up dumping $200 in RP and have a family member buy cool exclusive skins as they come out while I'm gone. I'm that serious. So with that, I want to say, I honestly want you guys to work somehow on the community side of LOL. It is very lacking. I know there are community sites outside of here, but a offical spruce up of forums and making it easier to organize things would go a long way. I KNOW pendragon doesn't like me because I've pushed to make the forums 1000 times better and I still poke and prod about it. But its because I LOVE online communities, and these forums make it so hard to organize and communicate in a sensible manner to a large audience without your words being lost. Its not stable, its almost anarchy and I'd appreciate you guys seriously looking into it. Its the only thing I think you could do better at this point...besides maybe the client. But the client is at least livable.

So there it is. And After handing out skin codes to my friends, I had a few left over. soooooo yeah these expire like today or something, so get em while you can.

hecarim codes
wwd3v9nugrgxdz
ww3vu9ahur4uaz
wwk6u99vlr7kz

beepboopcrank codes
wwejqglcpr3l46
wwdttgkn9rfcn6
wwwvuggucr4j66

Thank you so much, I got a blitz code <3 .

HiMyNameIsSTFU

Kaisenex

09-06-2013

fml im in a match

AlexanderDuGreat

09-06-2013

Got a code thanks a lot

Spitsonkittens

09-06-2013

Is the third hecarim one correct? I'm being told it isn't valid.

Rocko15

09-06-2013

Aww to slow, you sir are a saint though.

IS1b257d358c1896fb385f1

09-06-2013

Got 2 codes, hecarim and blitz, you are a god amongst men (I got on my las account)

medulla00

09-06-2013

grumpy monkey is really cute. and big.
nice package on tamat