Petition for Creator Viktors' E

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruhnow

09-08-2013

Honestly I like the laser on augment:death much more.

Nampoosh

09-08-2013

@Bitsplosion if you are still here. Is there a reason why the splash art looks so much different than the in game model? The splash is darker with more red glowy-ness and badass-ery. However, the in game model looks gray and less menacing and that makes me sad.

I made a separate thread about it: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...526&highlight=

LifeSmash

09-09-2013

Perhaps you could make a sort of, like, rotating helix around the augmented beam? I haven't seen the new skin though so maybe not the best idea.

Phourc

09-09-2013

My only complaint with that skin was his shoulder-cannon didn't sweep when he fired the laser, any chance the animation could be tweaked a little?

A Dolphin

09-09-2013

Damn, I think the black particles on the laser looks so much cooler, and I ALWAYS build the deathray augment. You're making this tough on me, Bit.

I Cerberus I

09-09-2013

The cannon could use a little more animation. As I see it, it just points upwards most of the time and not facing the ground where it's actually shot. To me, Viktor's Death Ray is his bread and butter and his most appealing skill, if someone were to tweak it a little I would be very grateful. Keep up the good work.

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsplosion View Post
Primarily, the white-hot look of the Augmented laser actually looks more powerful mostly by way of brightness. In addition and as Guiotine mentioned, we felt the brighter and more fiery color palette matched the DoT component in a more intuitive way. Even from outside skins team, there were a lot more "whoa!"s when people saw the Augmented beam, even right after the normal one. After all was said and done, we ultimately settled on the current setup.

The main thing though, if you haven't had the chance, I'd encourage you to try it out and see how it feels in-game. The Augmented version has more aggressive motion in the beam/impact point as it carves across the ground, and mixed with the sound it's a pretty epic combo. VFX are designed to be seen in motion!

Hope that sheds some light on the current implementation!
I completely disagree that the current white Death Ray looks more menacing. Come on, the black laser is a freaking BLACK LASER. How often would you see something like that?! And when you did, would you think it was "ordinary"?

The fact the augmented visual for Death Ray looks near identical to his base skin's seems very odd. It's like, "Hey guys we put this new effect in for non-augmented rays, but his super powered up version looks the same!"

I love everything about this skin except this. I think it's a major setback too as I don't actually want to augment his Death Ray since the black laser has way more awesome in it. And why bother buying a skin if I can't even use the coolest aspect?

And yes I've checked it out on PBE.

Robotalotacus

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksiren View Post
I completely disagree that the current white Death Ray looks more menacing. Come on, the black laser is a freaking BLACK LASER. How often would you see something like that?! And when you did, would you think it was "ordinary"?

The fact the augmented visual for Death Ray looks near identical to his base skin's seems very odd. It's like, "Hey guys we put this new effect in for non-augmented rays, but his super powered up version looks the same!"

I love everything about this skin except this. I think it's a major setback too as I don't actually want to augment his Death Ray since the black laser has way more awesome in it. And why bother buying a skin if I can't even use the coolest aspect?

And yes I've checked it out on PBE.
This guy knows what he's talking about. I don't want to buy a skin because of its awesome new effect only to actually not use the effect when augmenting Death Ray. I want to use the freakin' black laser Riot

@Riot Bitsplosion: I don't see how the orange effect is "more intuitive" for a DoT than the black one. If anything I would say the exact opposite, since when I saw the black laser after the orange one I thought to myself, "Oh cool a new effect, It must be the augmented one! Wait... where's the DoT?".

TootlesTheGoon

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsplosion View Post
Heyo! I've seen this sentiment a couple times, and I totally see where you're coming from. Usually in skin terms, more different from base = higher cool-factor so to speak. While I'm a fan of the black disintegration-beam look too, as we looked at the skin over many team reviews the team agreed on a couple points that lead to this combination.

Primarily, the white-hot look of the Augmented laser actually looks more powerful mostly by way of brightness. In addition and as Guiotine mentioned, we felt the brighter and more fiery color palette matched the DoT component in a more intuitive way. Even from outside skins team, there were a lot more "whoa!"s when people saw the Augmented beam, even right after the normal one. After all was said and done, we ultimately settled on the current setup.

The main thing though, if you haven't had the chance, I'd encourage you to try it out and see how it feels in-game. The Augmented version has more aggressive motion in the beam/impact point as it carves across the ground, and mixed with the sound it's a pretty epic combo. VFX are designed to be seen in motion!

Hope that sheds some light on the current implementation!
Holy potato, my first thread with a Red response.
(moment of fangirling and rolling like a dying fish)
Ok moment over.
Thanks for taking time to respond, Bit! Much appreciated.
I'm afraid you've got me there by bringing up the point that I haven't gotten to try it out, but there are a few other posters who have, and do a good job of explaining their frustrations.
In regards to what you said the augmented lazer matching better with the burning DoT, might I be so bold as to ask if it would be impossible for the DoT effect to be altered to match the black lazer? I just feel that that's a bit of weak argument.

TootlesTheGoon

09-09-2013

Forums are moving fast tonight. Hopefully we get some more opinions pitched in! The more support, the better.