Petition for Creator Viktors' E

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xedrox

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsplosion View Post
Heyo! I've seen this sentiment a couple times, and I totally see where you're coming from. Usually in skin terms, more different from base = higher cool-factor so to speak. While I'm a fan of the black disintegration-beam look too, as we looked at the skin over many team reviews the team agreed on a couple points that lead to this combination.

Primarily, the white-hot look of the Augmented laser actually looks more powerful mostly by way of brightness. In addition and as Guiotine mentioned, we felt the brighter and more fiery color palette matched the DoT component in a more intuitive way. Even from outside skins team, there were a lot more "whoa!"s when people saw the Augmented beam, even right after the normal one. After all was said and done, we ultimately settled on the current setup.

The main thing though, if you haven't had the chance, I'd encourage you to try it out and see how it feels in-game. The Augmented version has more aggressive motion in the beam/impact point as it carves across the ground, and mixed with the sound it's a pretty epic combo. VFX are designed to be seen in motion!

Hope that sheds some light on the current implementation!
A wild rioter appeared. Would you like to capture him?

Pokedex: Bitsplosion is a electric type pokemon and tends to be aggressive if anyone moves close to it.

Arcaidas

09-08-2013

YES!!!! ive wanted a skin for sooooo long

Mawsmile

09-08-2013

Not debating, this skin looks awesome; although, I'm wondering if this is what Dark Harvester Viktor turned into.

WhiteBoySamurai

09-08-2013

I disagree. The augmented one provides more visual contrast and therefore appears more powerful.

siiphon

09-08-2013

@Bitsplosion I understand where you're coming from--but I do agree with most of the sentiment on this thread. The augmented E looks very similar to the normal one, and though it may convey the "burn" aspect better, I think it needs to be amped up? The animations/sound fx aren't really that different. I'm in favor of maintaining the black/red on the augmented version, but maybe make it a brighter red/have sparks flying out to convey the burn.

Also the W should be darker and the ult more detailed/intimidating

Djiimon

09-08-2013

Quote:
Heyo! I've seen this sentiment a couple times, and I totally see where you're coming from. Usually in skin terms, more different from base = higher cool-factor so to speak. While I'm a fan of the black disintegration-beam look too, as we looked at the skin over many team reviews the team agreed on a couple points that lead to this combination.

Primarily, the white-hot look of the Augmented laser actually looks more powerful mostly by way of brightness. In addition and as Guiotine mentioned, we felt the brighter and more fiery color palette matched the DoT component in a more intuitive way. Even from outside skins team, there were a lot more "whoa!"s when people saw the Augmented beam, even right after the normal one. After all was said and done, we ultimately settled on the current setup.

The main thing though, if you haven't had the chance, I'd encourage you to try it out and see how it feels in-game. The Augmented version has more aggressive motion in the beam/impact point as it carves across the ground, and mixed with the sound it's a pretty epic combo. VFX are designed to be seen in motion!

Are you doing something with his laser cannon so it actually acts like a laser cannon, you know, pointing at where it fires instead of just pointing up constantly.

GhostStalker

09-08-2013

Quote:

Ehhhhhh, I don't like it though, it doesn't look nearly as awesome as the black core. The black core laser should do more damage because black is a combination of all the colors, including blue (high frequency) and red (Low frequency). It would make much more sense if the Black Core laser did more damage due to Viktor harnessing the energy of Black Light.

AlainAwakens

09-08-2013

Will they change the joke? i mean, the third arm not having a hand, takes the sense on the "keep the hand for yourself!" both in the sentence and in the animation

Demonic Instinct

09-08-2013

I'm with the OP on this one; the pre-augmented laser looks a lot better than the augmented one. I don't play much Victor but after seeing the color of the laser on the PBE, it reminded me of the Getsuga Tensho in Bleach and I'm quite disappointed that the augment takes that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalVeloc1ty View Post
The black core laser should do more damage because black is a combination of all the colors, including blue (high frequency) and red (Low frequency). It would make much more sense if the Black Core laser did more damage due to Viktor harnessing the energy of Black Light.
I don't know where you get this logic, but in reference to light and fire, white is always the hottest. There is no such thing as the energy of "black light" because black is simply the absence of light. I'm not saying the black laser isn't cool (I prefer it, for thematic purposes) but what you are trying to present as fact makes no sense and is just downright wrong.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2013

Nope, sorry, first time still 10x better