Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Netherealm Irelia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elyaradine

09-06-2013

I wanted to have a go at re-designing Irelia. From my reading of her background, I felt that the most important points to note were:

• she's from Ionia, which aesthetically has many similarities to our real-world Far East
  • she's Captain of the Guard, so she should have an air of nobility or authority
  • she got her blade-levitation powers only after being narrowly saved from a Noxian necromantic death.

Also, gameplay-wise, we know she's quite tanky (even if it's because of her health gain), but also has a dash, so she's got to look somewhat mobile, while still being armored.

I did a painting of how I envisioned her to look, interpreting her near-death experience as having a greater effect on her, making her more other-worldly. If there's a positive response, I'd love to try my hand at bringing her to life in 3D.

Attached a smallish version.

A4@300dpi version (for printing posters or something):
http://elyaradine.deviantart.com/art/Irelia-League-of-Legends-398329302

Work in progress gif:
http://elyaradine.tumblr.com/post/60388094704/teemo-deserved-it-im-sure

irelia19.jpg

Ze Ocelot

09-07-2013

I like this interpretation. It would make quite a nice skin. I'm curious as to what the orb she's levitating is...would it be part of her weapon?

A 3D version would be very cool.

Elyaradine

09-08-2013

Thanks for commenting! Yeah, the current Irelia design has an orb surrounded by four blades that separate and re-attach to format different shapes. I wanted to keep that.

Fateborn

09-10-2013

upvoted because dead teemo