Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

riotlauncher.dll missing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tridzo

09-06-2013

In the past day, I've literally had to download PBE around 7 times. The PBE client is a mess. When I try to re install it, I have to put Norton on silent mode for it to even go through. And yet, it still says RiotLauncher.dll is missing. I've tried moving my RiotLauncher.dll file from my main league of legends client to the PBE client, No luck. And just about 5 minutes ago, I got dced from a ranked game, because what seemed to be a working PBE client, obviously is a mess. In champion select, I tried to pick Riven, But my client went unresponsive and made me auto lock Jayce. Which I have only played once. So I said ok ill be fine ill manage, but even after a successful install(no RiotLauncher.dll missing on install) It informs me that RiotLauncher.dll is missing when I entered the loading screen. My sound doesn't even work. I know this isn't my computer acting up because it's been working perfectly fine, and as soon as the other thread related to this was posted, mine started acting up.

LunariarWarrior

Recruiter

09-06-2013

Glad to see that I'm not the only one getting this issue..

Zheng

09-06-2013

Getting this as well, game can't start up. Norton Security is removing the file everytime...

miqe14

09-07-2013

same problem here as well

Ragers Get Muted

09-07-2013

the problem is that your anti-virus program is blocking the file and removing it. Go into your anti-virus settings, and set an Exclusion for the Riot Games folder after a clean install of the client. This way no files will be deleted, thus you won't get the error that the launcher is missing.

Critmaster Garen

09-07-2013

the files might be infected. the same files are not causing a problem in the client for the live servers.

copy the dlls. from the live server client into the appropriate folders for the pbe client, to fix the problem. (use the search function, if you want to know the correct filepaths)

LoL PR0digy

09-07-2013

Problem solved all you have to do is go into the Norton history, find where they deleted your thing then restore it. It works

Dasha

09-09-2013

Quote:
LoL PR0digy:
Problem solved all you have to do is go into the Norton history, find where they deleted your thing then restore it. It works

How did you do that? I tried asking Norton Support but they insisted that it wasn't Norton that was blocking it. I can see the file in the security history, but it gives me no option to unblock it.