Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Improved Options Menu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orbital Nuke

Recruiter

09-08-2013

Can we take it one step further?
Make it so I don't even have to go into the menus at all to toggle smartcast?

Hear me out.
I like that those buttons below the big letters toggle smartcast.
But why not ALSO attach that functionality directly to the MAIN UI?

I never go into the menus except to chain one skill out of smart cast. There really is no other reason to go into the menus after you have it set up.

For example:
DEFAUT is QWER. They show up in those little boxes at the bottom of each skill.
I then can click on that little box with the letter, and it changes color or the border changes color and now it is smart cast. I can click on it again to get it to go back off smart cast.... all without ever having to enter the menu system.

NO insult. I like what you guys have done and definitely want it to be improved. But one small step further would make a HUGE difference.

Yisery

09-08-2013

Quote:
Coredor:
Can you do something about Karthus's Q not working with smart cast range indicators.

Yes, please do something about that. I don't know if it deserves a special treatment since the cooldown is so low and you practially use it as replacement for auto-attacking, but I'd really like to see the exact range of it from time to time.

Quote:
Orbital Nuke:

DEFAUT is QWER. They show up in those little boxes at the bottom of each skill.
I then can click on that little box with the letter, and it changes color or the border changes color and now it is smart cast. I can click on it again to get it to go back off smart cast.... all without ever having to enter the menu system.

I always use smartcast so I wouldn't use it, but I like this idea.

----

Could you please improve the HUD scaling options? It really sucks to open the options window/menu, select the right tab and change the sliders every time when you want to adjust your minimap scale for example. So, could you make it instant-preview or add a "Preview" button so we don't have to repeat the same process over and over to find the correct size?
Many (MMORP-)games do that and it always freaks me out.

Other than that the quick-access settings (which is what I'll call them) are pretty neat and probably useful in many cases. But for sure it's an improvement overall.

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

09-09-2013

Quote:
Yisery:
Could you please improve the HUD scaling options? It really sucks to open the options window/menu, select the right tab and change the sliders every time when you want to adjust your minimap scale for example. So, could you make it instant-preview or add a "Preview" button so we don't have to repeat the same process over and over to find the correct size?
Many (MMORP-)games do that and it always freaks me out.

You should try it out on PBE - it previews the new size when you move the hud scale slider.

eyekona

09-10-2013

Please also consider my post in the EUW forums (http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=13168388)

Hi,
my name is Brit, I'm a German and I'm a left-handed gamer. We founded a club of left-handed gamers all over world with the goal to improve gaming for left-handed people. And you are the first company we write to. That is because of two reasons.
First - LoL is the most played online game atm, so you are in a position other companies look at. If you succeed with something, others may copy it... and also may copy bad behavior...
And second - your left-handed support is below all limits that are acceptable. There is no possibility to change mouse-buttons ingame there is just a possibility to edit input.ini - but without acceptable results - too many ingame bugs when using this method (can't click buttons in options window anymore, can't change keys in keybinding as they are always MB2, can't close options window - ping not working anymore and so on) And way to complicated for most of your customers. There is also no question in the FAQ explaining how to change LoL for left-handed gaming.

Absolute minimum of missing features:
Support for the Windows "change mousekeys" switch
OR
Possibility to change the mousebuttons in preferences
AND a guide how to do it!

More advanced - that would be the really good left-handed support we would like to have:
We wish to have a possibility to mirror the icons of the mousepointers
We wish to have a possibility to click one option to change between a left-handed profile and a right handed profile. Not only switching mousebuttons but also switching to a left-handed keyboard buttons profile like having all keys on numpad i.e.

Riot Games has a very bad publicity among left-handed gamers, because for us it is nearly impossible to play in a (for us) natural way, having the mouse in our left hand. Please consider to change your game in a way it provides left-handed support. As LoL is the most played game around you have a resposibility to set a good example for all the other games out there. Remember - nearly 50% of all people in the world a naturally left handed, but only 30% really using their left hand as the dominant - but as society has finally accepted left handed people, most of the people playing LoL are in a generation which is not trained to use the right hand instead of the left. We have the right to get equal support as the righthanded people get! Stop discriminating minorities like that and start being a good example for how it is done!

Kind regards
Brit and all the left-handed gamers

(I had to play to level 5 on NA Server, just to post this reply here, so please don't disappoint me ^^)

Hitkitsune

09-10-2013

Will I still be able to disable HUD animations? I can't really play with them on...D:

Yisery

09-10-2013

Quote:
LowPolyCount:
You should try it out on PBE - it previews the new size when you move the hud scale slider.

Cool. I can't test it right now (because I'm low on HDD space and can't afford to install another instance of LoL), but I'll believe your words.

IMProdox

09-12-2013

so using the new hotkey UI i found that it was a great improvement. However, one thing is missing that i would extremely like, having different PREMADE setups for champions. So a Foxfire Ahri setup is all well and good when we want to play Ahri, then next game say we switch champs with a different optimal smart key setup. Rather than proceeding to open up the options page and making the necessary changes, why dont we take a tip from runes and masteries and do something like that. If we did item sets and it was automatically made then after a while of not playing a champ we could forget. but if we can make different pages, see them, and pick in champ select after we choose our champion, this would alleviate the problem. Then have it at the top center of the screen for the first 5-10 seconds of the game to remind us "THIS IS YOUR SETUP" a few of the remaining problems i see are explained below.

1) forgetting to change it: well you can always quickly change it in game but also, there could be an option that each champion defaults to a specific setup.

2) I FORGOT I HAD THIS PAGE FOR THIS CHAMP, I HAVENT PLAYED "blank" IN SO LONG!: like I said, changeable in champ select, and obnoxiously large at the beginning of the game to tell us, THIS IS YOUR PAGE

3) I havent tested this but I wasnt able to do it before, have spacebar be a key to smartcast, i can bind "recenter screen on champ" to something else, but in a fight, smartcast is pretty important to have quickly without moving the rest of your fingers off your ability keys. (not related to the pregame but important to mention)

4) Yordles could mess with it: you arnt Oddone, therefore yordles would never do that to you ;D

would love a Riot Staff respond to this although i know they cant respond to every one.

FromTheLegends

10-01-2013

is there anyway to change this back to the original. This is fine but i guess im more used to the old one and it would make it easier to change controls when i use different champions

Rychlik

10-06-2013

Hey I cant find the option to turn on auto self cast if not casted on a teammate.
I just had the worst troubles playing orianna because im not used to shielding myself while pressing alt. I don't like pressing alt.