Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Improved Options Menu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

09-06-2013

Quote:
Ringadon:
Am I going to be forced to use Q W E R after this update as I've rebound my skills to the home row years ago and this will very much mess with my level of play?

The letters in the screenshot are just the default binds if you've never changed them. Your current keybinds will transition over.

FinalCactus

09-06-2013

This is great. I wish though that there was a way to adjust graphics options outside of an actual game itself.

Henry Plainview

09-06-2013

I have to toggle the edge of screen flashes option every time I open the client to get the white CC flashes to go away. This has persisted through a clean install and multiple repair attempts. Does the new menu solve this?

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

09-06-2013

Quote:
Henry Plainview:
I have to toggle the edge of screen flashes option every time I open the client to get the white CC flashes to go away. This has persisted through a clean install and multiple repair attempts. Does the new menu solve this?

Try going to the "Riot Games\League of Legends\Config" directory and renaming Game.cfg and input.ini to something else - (this will reset your keybinds and options) - Let me know if this works or not. If it doesn't work you can change them back to the original names.

SBSuperman

09-06-2013

Hey there guys!

First off, this looks super great!

Second, could we please look at fixing the "tab" hotkey binding? The way it is currently set up, it automatically brings up the player stats menu while held down at the start of every game. This goes away after you bind something else to the button. Until the start of the next match, that is. Then the "tab" key performs both buttons.

For players like myself who want to bind an item slot to "tab" (because it's *SO* easy to put DFG or Zhonya's there to make super easy mage combos), I need to start every game by purchasing items, running to lane, and then before I make it to the first contested bush where I might die, I need to open the keybindings menu, change item 1 to "1" (because it isn't bound to anything so I won't screw anything else up), hit okay, go back in, bind item 1 to "tab", save, and minimize the menu. Otherwise every time I try to take a hit from my flask or drink a potion while trading in lane, my screen is covered briefly by the giant stats box for everyone.

We can change the button to bring up the box without the button being held down (default is "O" if I recall correctly) so rebinding that to my middle mouse button means I can see player stats at a glance when need be. It would be great to not have to re-bind my keys at the start of every single match.

Please and thanks for any possible feedback!

Have a great night,

SB

Ezze

09-06-2013

It looks very nice. I would like to see a "disable smart cast for wards function."

I smart cast pretty much everything except wards. which I always keep on 3 and 2 when I am supporting but when I am ADC I keep my blade of the ruined king on 3 and I never want to smart cast wards.

Sentient 6

09-06-2013

Looks great, but is there any way you guys could make smart-cast range indicators mappable to individual keys? Some abilities are better with regular smart-cast, while others can benefit from the range indicator option, but as of now you have to pick one or the other; there is no option to utilise both.

Phocis

09-06-2013

Does this mean Tab rebinding its self every game is fixed?

Henry Plainview

09-06-2013

Quote:
LowPolyCount:
Try going to the "Riot Games\League of Legends\Config" directory and renaming Game.cfg and input.ini to something else - (this will reset your keybinds and options) - Let me know if this works or not. If it doesn't work you can change them back to the original names.

Wow, that actually worked (at least for now). Thanks!

fyefye

09-07-2013

Quote:
Severian NA:
Just a quick question: Is it possible to implement using both smart cast with and without range indicators, bound to separate keys/abilities? Clicking the mouse is awkward, and some abilities/situations require a moments consideration/aim. As an example, say that I want to use smart cast with range indicators on Lulu's Q, so I can try to do more than shoot in a straight line. In that case, my W, my E and my R feels awkward, and I frequently miss when I try to shield/poly/ult somebody quickly, because of the added delay from cast on release. But normal cast is even worse. This is only one situation where I'd really like the option to have separate binds for smartcast with and without range indicators. Pretty please?

Hmmm... the current keybinding options allows you to choose which skill to smart cast and which to normal cast, you just need to scroll down lower to find them; but if you're lazy like me, a quick fix is to use smart cast for all of the buttons plus enable range indicators. that way, you won't need to retailor the keybindings for each champions and all you would need to do is press and hold down lulu's Q, for example, and it will show her glitter lance range but won't fire it until you let go of the q button. and if you decide not to shoot, then just right click somewhere to issue a move command to cancel the spell.