Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Improved Options Menu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHawkbat

09-06-2013

Let us choose if we want to have smartcast range indicators for every spell individually!
I always play smartcast, but with range indicators. Some abilities, however, are kinda hard to miss but need quick execution. I want these to cast immediately, but I don't want to turn all my other spells on normal cast to have range indicators on them.

Hail Teemo

09-06-2013

Quote:
TheHawkbat:
Let us choose if we want to have smartcast range indicators for every spell individually!
I always play smartcast, but with range indicators. Some abilities, however, are kinda hard to miss but need quick execution. I want these to cast immediately, but I don't want to turn all my other spells on normal cast to have range indicators on them.

This is number one on my want list. Smartcast range indicators would be useful to have on a number of skillshots or items without having to add the extra ~30-50ms of self-imposed lag to the rest of the kit.

Void2258

09-06-2013

I get what you are going for with the order matching the bar, but this might confuse others. You might want to put a ghosted version of the in game UI over the buttons so people don't get confused.

I don't see how this helps you set individual keys to smartcasting vs targetcasting, though. Also, being able to set range indicators on a per ability basis would be nice. So would being able to set these on a saved per-champion basis, ala item sets.

Stefanov

09-06-2013

Is it still possible to have both normal and smartcast hotkeys? I usually leave some skills (Ashe's Arrow, Thresh's E, etc) normal then have all the other skills in smartcast.

Acastius

09-06-2013

Looks amazing you guys! Gorgeous work.

Vyro

09-06-2013

REALLY wish there were individual key bindings for each champ like there are item sets.

Having to turn off smartcast every time I play Viktor and Rumble is annoying

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

09-06-2013

Quote:
Stefanov:
Is it still possible to have both normal and smartcast hotkeys? I usually leave some skills (Ashe's Arrow, Thresh's E, etc) normal then have all the other skills in smartcast.

In the screenshot Rayven posted, there's a button under each key, you can use that to turn smartcast on or off for each keybind very quickly.

If you want something like Q to be normalcast and shift+Q for smartcast, you can do that too.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

09-06-2013

edit: ^ low poly ninjas!

Quote:
Needles K:
Is this still going to allow for having both smartcast and normalcast keybinds? I have it so QWER are smart and holding it shift makes it normal, which works really well for me on everyone.

Yes, there is still a keybind grid below the primary hotkeys that you can make individual (and separate) setups with.

Exacerberus

09-06-2013

I can't long into PBE right now, so would you please tell me if using those All Smartcast or All Normal Cast new buttons permanently overwrites your previous settings (which tbh would suck) or if disabling them would restore your previously used custom settings?
I'm not sure I've explained myself clearly enough, let me give you and example: I use both normal cast for precise aiming, while I prefer smartcast, smartcast+selfcast and normal selfcast (bound to the same buttons but with modifiers like Shift, Alt, Shift+Alt) for faster combos. So, if I'd active and then deactivate those new combos, would I lose my previous settings?

AlphaDown77

09-06-2013

Quote:
Rayven:
Not with this release, but we know that players want to set their options outside of the game. With this set of improvements, we wanted to focus on speeding up the in-game options experience.

Please test the menu out for yourself and let us know if we've improved it for you!

I'm so happy to see that the preformance was increased with some of the changes...occasionally on my way to lane I would change something, and the screen would freeze...and would scare the **** out of me..cause it would freeze for like 5-10 seconds before coming back (my champ would still move).

And the ability to change your options outside of game will be so lovely~ Thanks for your hard work guys