Queue Dodge Elo Penalty (>1200 only)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

horror5how

10-01-2012

Riot, can you pls put back in the elo penalty for dodgers? Except do it only for people over 1200 elo, so nobody can dodge their way down to 0 or anything dumb.

-20 elo per dodge sounds about right to me.

horror5how

10-03-2012

seriously... time penalty and -20 elo. this is getting out of hand. every queue is minutes. 5, 6, 7 dodges in a row constantly.

Warrikon

10-03-2012

dude there is no penalty to elo ._.

Ternce

10-03-2012

Disagree. Someone should not be punished for having to go as long as they bow out during champion select.

Someone should not be punished for two people instant locking the same position and quibbling.

Someone should not be punished for having the misfortune to be paired with someone who is a known troll or intentional feeder.

I apologize for your inconcenience of having to wait 10 extra minutes, but if a person decides to dodge, the current hour long re-que penalty is just fine.

Eldharon

10-03-2012

There used to be a penalty and OP wants it back. Overall its a good idea, but not really helpful with this version of lol client. -10 elo will be fine, if client will be able to decect, if someone wants to dodge on puropse, or if someone had an error not caused by the user, and client wouldn't apply the penalty due to this problem. Right now client is not able to decect errors that well as mentioned before, so Riot is obliged to keep only the semi long time penalty, which is a better option, than applying the elo penalty to "innocent" summoners .

horror5how

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternce View Post
Disagree. Someone should not be punished for having to go as long as they bow out during champion select.

Someone should not be punished for two people instant locking the same position and quibbling.

Someone should not be punished for having the misfortune to be paired with someone who is a known troll or intentional feeder.

I apologize for your inconcenience of having to wait 10 extra minutes, but if a person decides to dodge, the current hour long re-que penalty is just fine.
so then 9 other people need to be punished? nah.

also, if i get the fortune of facing a team of trolls, then i should be able to benefit from that once in awhile. also, if our team happens to get ali and malph in the same line-up, we shouldn't get punished just 'cause someone else can dodge on the other team for no penalty. they shouldn't be able to dodge just to "save elo". that should cost.

it's more than just the time inconvenience, it goes both ways, and it's skewed too far in one direction. just asking for a little parity, is all.