Diamond 1 Garen @ Riot/Balance Team - Why NERF Garen?!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VexingRaven

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
0/10, obvious troll
How am I trolling? Have you played top lane against garen? Tell me that's not a frustrating and pointless experience.

Vuther

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexingRaven View Post
How am I trolling? Have you played top lane against garen? Tell me that's not a frustrating and pointless experience.
By being one of many champions who can disengage from him silencing/spinning and then beating his face in because he's useless without both of those.

And even if you aren't, kite his spin through minions.

VexingRaven

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
By being one of many champions who can disengage from him silencing/spinning and then beating his face in because he's useless without both of those.

And even if you aren't, kite his spin through minions.
And then what? You hit him a few times, he goes and sits in the bush and regens where you can't touch him there without dieing.

What if he just sits in between the minions waiting? If you go to last hit you'll be too close to kite him. If you don't last hit you lose by default.

MarineRevenge

09-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexingRaven View Post
Probably because garen utterly and completely ruins the game for whoever is against him. Just a hunch.
This post has quite a substantial argument. I guess i'll never play Garen again out of respect for you.

wiximus

09-14-2013

Bump for Demacia and the G MAN and running ad carries out of the fight and soloing dragon at 5% health.

My Desired Name

09-14-2013

Why in the world they would nerf Garen like this is beyond me. Have you gone completely mad, Riot? If anything, Garen needs some minor buffs before he's considered a strong pick.

However, I trust that you will revert these changes, since they are not final. Also, I do like your vision of Garen in the future:

"My vision for Garen is that he is a relatively low mobility fighter (unchanged) with low combat ranges (unchanged) who a) is more or less immune to poke damage, b) inflicts immense damage to anyone within his reach, and c) if forced out of a fight but not killed, will rapidly regenerate health to return to the fray for cleanup duty."

newchibba

10-14-2013

I am a diamond player who used to play garen, but I stopped playing garen since platinum because he is easily countered with ranged champion, so I play volibear top, just like you. Volibear has better sustain and lesser counters in my opinion. In fact, 99% of your opponents will think you want to jungle when they see a volibear. I like volibear

Garen is my 2nd most played champs. In fact, I only played garen when I was gold/low plat, then I switched to volibear. If volibear is picked or banned, which rarely happens, then I would go garen/xin top.

GiNjiAm4n0

03-27-2014

ok... ima late 3 season player so i never played the REAL garen but he is my favorite champ... after reading this i feel like its an insult to his very name... he's not a solid pick (though i still play him) and this explains why... man i just wish i get to play the real him before i get tired of waiting....