Diamond 1 Garen @ Riot/Balance Team - Why NERF Garen?!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodKaizer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

09-07-2013

The other thread brought up some solid points about garen's ult cd being a little ridiculous by comparison.. --bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haggzee

Member

09-07-2013

This feels like a way of pushing Atmas on him. Now after Garen gets some health it will be a really good item on him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DominicanFury

Senior Member

09-07-2013

wow just wow now they nerf garen how am i supposed to beat riven in lane now. Yet they dont nerf riven shield but they nerf a character that doesnt scale in the late game. god every champion that i pick up gets nerfed for top lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alokin

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Laughable. That's all. Do you guys at Riot even play your very own game? -_-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Limited Reactant

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKaizer View Post
The other thread brought up some solid points about garen's ult cd being a little ridiculous by comparison.. --bump
160 seconds is too damn high.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H0p0nP0p

Senior Member

09-07-2013

R u sure it's 10% to any of the enemies he is spinning on? And not 10% to each individually? Not sure if riot does this... If it is, then i wonder about yi's q as well.

On a second note. At 5th lvl, is it 30% + ur items crit chance? Cuz if it is, building an atma on him would mean 45% chance of critting. And if u go for ie, that's 55% crit instead of 25% like previous.

It does say .3 bonus crit. Y don't u try out an entire game and then upload it instead of the lvl 1 game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H0p0nP0p

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited Reactant View Post
160 seconds is too damn high.
Darius has cd of 120/100/80 with true dmg and timed refresh... Huehuehue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Limited Reactant

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p0nP0p View Post
R u sure it's 10% to any of the enemies he is spinning on? And not 10% to each individually? Not sure if riot does this... If it is, then i wonder about yi's q as well.

On a second note. At 5th lvl, is it 30% + ur items crit chance? Cuz if it is, building an atma on him would mean 45% chance of critting. And if u go for ie, that's 55% crit instead of 25% like previous.

It does say .3 bonus crit. Y don't u try out an entire game and then upload it instead of the lvl 1 game.
The problem isn't how much damage he can potentially do late game. The problem is that these changes will gut his laning phase, where Garen is supposed to be strongest, and in return only increase his mid/late game damage by a marginal amount.

A Garen that rushes infinity edge instead of survivability is a dead and useless Garen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Limited Reactant

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p0nP0p View Post
Darius has cd of 120/100/80 with true dmg and timed refresh... Huehuehue
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3842655

I know T_T


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H0p0nP0p

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited Reactant View Post
The problem isn't how much damage he can potentially do late game. The problem is that these changes will gut his laning phase, where Garen is supposed to be strongest, and in return only increase his mid/late game damage by a marginal amount.

A Garen that rushes infinity edge instead of survivability is a dead and useless Garen.
Well, now it probably would mean he's scaling better to end game. It's kinda like wukong where he sucks early, but once lane is over, he's a freakin boss!

It's a dif playstyle for him now and i rly think u guys r just over thinking it. I know garen's sup to b tough lane phase, but he's not overdoned in by this. Almost every trade u hav to b aware of the enemy's cd also, and not only that, most skirmishes don't even last over 10 seconds for garen to use his old one twice.

I do agree about the e not being able to cancel... That needs to be cancelable.

Btw... DAT NAME IS AWESOME!!