Diamond 1 Garen @ Riot/Balance Team - Why NERF Garen?!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbamaStank

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croanin View Post
Once again though BC is just so much more convenient. Building from Brutalizer is much better then a BF sword especially since your lane matchup will probably grab some armor.
Quoted for truth.

In lane, building a brutalizer is much better than building a BF sword. That damage actually holds you out for quite a while, and when you look at Cleaver's passive, coupled with the health it gives you, it's a no-brainer to finish it at that point. Or you can hold the brutalizer and build Sunfire, which also synergizes nicely with everything you are trying to do.

Brutalizer + Sunfire Cape cost 3980 gold; and it is far and away better to have Brutalizer + Sunfire Cape then one Infinity Edge.

Fuzzkat

09-07-2013

**** yeah dude, great post. If there's one champion who doesn't need nerfs it's god damn Garen.

Boyahda

09-07-2013

Wonder why they added crit chance to his E. I thought Riot was trying to move away from the RNG ****.

Timecho

09-07-2013

because he's op

The Amurican

09-07-2013

I love playing garen when i get a chance and he seems pretty weak compared to most of the champs that get picked top. Dont really undrerstand why hes getting nerfs

Khristophoros

The Council

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbamaStank View Post
Quoted for truth.

In lane, building a brutalizer is much better than building a BF sword. That damage actually holds you out for quite a while, and when you look at Cleaver's passive, coupled with the health it gives you, it's a no-brainer to finish it at that point. Or you can hold the brutalizer and build Sunfire, which also synergizes nicely with everything you are trying to do.

Brutalizer + Sunfire Cape cost 3980 gold; and it is far and away better to have Brutalizer + Sunfire Cape then one Infinity Edge.
Ok I'll take your word for it. But the average damage of Judgement is higher in all cases anyway.

So basically you'd have to argue that 30% base crit chance isn't reliable enough.

HelplessKitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2013

Riot confirmed for ****ing retarded.

Croanin

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristophoros View Post
Ok I'll take your word for it. But the average damage of Judgement is higher in all cases anyway.

So basically you'd have to argue that 30% base crit chance isn't reliable enough.
Bottom line bro is it's a very sporadic change. The CD is longer now also, and apparently unless its a PBE bug Garen can't cancel his spin...that's like seriously going to suck especically since it still slows you down when moving through minions.

Xyph should at least give us some sort of explanation if this is going live. I honestly think that they're just playing around with a few things.

Elderlore

09-07-2013

The problem is computers can't really generate something you could call a truly random number. This makes crit chance work in a way that isn't as much chance as a given.

Giving Garen a crit chance does mean his E can crit a minion during his spin, and then he won't be critting that enemy champion on that rotation. This makes Garen's damage very unpredictable, for both him and the enemy top lane. This also means that a super **** player could plan his spin so he hits 2-4 minions before hitting an enemy champion so that he gets that higher crit chance on the enemy champion.

I feel like there are so many other champions that need help, ie. Poppy, Yorick, WW, and Sion to name a few. Garen ain't broke, why fix him?

Best Furry NA

09-07-2013

Signed.