How do you jungle with Akali with no runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apothem

12-08-2010

So suppose I have no runes for Akali, but are level 30. What should I buy first? What should I kill first? Second? Third?

Cenerae

12-08-2010

If you have no runes, then don't jungle with Akali. If you try to do so, you'll be so slow, fragile and ineffective that it just isn't going to be worth the effort. Lane with her instead.

You need at least armor yellows and armor pen reds before you can think about it (you can probably scrape by before getting your quints and blues, though it won't be as fast/safe depending on what runes you were going to have).

Katjak

12-08-2010

Agree with above poster.

Lots of characters can jungle WITH runes. Only inherently strong junglers can jungle without them (WW).

Akali especially depends on having +4 damage without items, so that she can grab Doran's blade for the +10 bonus, all the while giving her HP, spell vamp, and life steal.

Without runes your best bet is something like cloth armor and 5 heal pots, but even then you'll be extremely slow in the jungle. Against quicker jungles you'll certainly lose dragon, and possibly even lose your own red/blue buff depending on how quick they are.

Harbin

12-08-2010

Not anymore she doesn't.

Doran's blade now gives +8 damage, remember?

Witch Bernkastel

12-08-2010

Don't try to jungle with Akali minus runes. Even with the update to Doran's blade making AD unnecessary, you still want at least flat armor seals so you can take out golem before BPing, otherwise you'll be inefficient. Akali also benefits greatly in the jungle from having AP blues so she can activate her AP passive off of the Ignite mastery.

If you don't have a dedicated jungling page, I'd say just stick to the lanes as Akali. Some champs might be able to get away with a non-rune jungle experience, but Akali is not among them - at least not if she wants to be efficient.