Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Garen VU feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krivinn

09-06-2013

General Model

Walk animation feels kinda slidy. Much less spring in his step and I think the angle of his ankles while walking might have something to do with it. His walking pose is also kind of weird imo.

Proportions feel really weird, especially the shourderpads.

Just feels like his upper body and and arms got way bigger but the size of his head/legs didn't change.

Auto Attack

The huge pause in his auto-attack animation while still in the swung position feels really weird. Pretty much every champ finishes their animation at a minimum speed then pauses in their idle animation until the next auto attack. It feels really weird to have him pause with his sword swung. Also he doesn't punch people.

Abilities

Q - Animation seems slower than live Garen. Not sure how it really is with the frames.

W - Seems fine

E - There seems to be a slight area on the edge where the animation touches but it doesn't deal damage. Probably needs to be adjusted to the actual hitbox. This also creates what seems like a delay on the damage because it has to get to the real hitbox.

R - Looks pretty cool but It's just a pillar of light and it feels kind of disapointing compared to the sword.

Overall

I really feel like the biggest things that need to be addressed are the proportions and the walking animation.

1 copy.jpg

CutmanMike

09-06-2013

Try using R to secure a kill, it gives off a way cooler effect if you execute someone.

Krivinn

09-06-2013

Quote:
CutmanMike:
Try using R to secure a kill, it gives off a way cooler effect if you execute someone.

I did. It still just felt like some light. The sword just felt so much better.

Asatorrr

09-06-2013

he doesnt punch anymore?

HE DOESNT PUNCH ANYMORE?!?!?!? WTF IS THAT??? THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST PARTS ABOUT PLAYING GAREN!

seriously, thats lame

Critmaster Garen

09-07-2013

they need to fix the pauldrons. i liked the segmented armor better.

he looks like an orc, straight from wow now. just sucks

and the old shaggy haircut looks better.

OptimusChrist

09-10-2013

The sound for his Q is underwhelming. Doesnt feel like im making an impactful strike. I mean hes clearly hitting someone harder then his average attack but the Q uses the same sound. Thats something i wish would change.

OptimusChrist

09-10-2013

Also, i noticed when im doing the taunt 1 handed push ups, the hand kinda warps and stretches when ur looking at him from the side. Looks like gum stretching