Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jozrael's FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightPerson

12-22-2009

Quote:
Steel Stiletto:
Guess I'll just keep checking the forums till I can play again.

thats what im doin

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

12-24-2009

Updated with a couple Store/real world purchase/refund questions.

ActionScript2

12-24-2009

I'm having prblems with this "Crashing at loading after champ select." Minimizes champion select to load game and it falls over. I'm running it on a Windows 7 64-bit computer.

Jerm

01-02-2010

"The Launcher Has Experienced an Error".
Please read the Knowledge Database (http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questions/8/The+Launcher+Has+Experienced+an+Error) first. If you are still having a problem, make a post on this on the forums, and include both a DxDiag (http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questions/23/Attaching+a+Diagnostic+to+a+Forum+Post) and your patcher logs (http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questions/24/Explanation+of+LoL+Logs).

Jozrael I realize you're not a member of Riot but this answer isn't helpful at all.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

01-02-2010

How is it not helpful Jerm? I'd be glad to update it. I realize that it doesn't fix every error related to that, but the KB page it references is a good first stop that fixes a wide variety of bugs that display that error. If that page doesn't help, it tells you what you need to include in your post for us to help you.

What more do you want from that? I've been really busy lately (and also dealing with a lot of non-H&S LoL stuff), so I haven't updated this as conscientiously as I could be. Lemme know how to improve and I definitely will .

Yethhound

01-03-2010

Jozrael, I would like a question about practice IP, and by that I mean I have one to ask you.

Your table explaining IP in a practice game was helpful for about 95% of my concerns on the matter. But I have many friends that do love to play games together. We would often get together with about 6-10 of us and play dota for anywhere from 4-10 hours in one session and it was a blastyblast. I completely understand the choice to keep the game strictly online, because it does help with piracy problems (or it would if the game wasn't free). But in a situation where my group of friends say, start playing practice games of 4v4 for about 8 hours. That'd probably be about 10-15 games. Would we gain Ip from this if all members were Level 30?

I ask this because as much as we do like playing together against other random people, the majority of the time if we can supply the people for BOTH teams, it ensures a greatly pleasant experience of equally skilled players, as well as impeccable sportsmanship, which in the end is probably the biggest part of the fun factor for normal people. Maybe not for jerks that have to call other people names for no reason but i have no concern for their needs.

Also if I were to have 1v1 games, or 2v2, things like that with no bots present. Will i be able to play with JUST friends and get IP?

Thank you for your time in reading my question.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

01-03-2010

Unfortunately, no. The 4 game limit applies on any account over level 10.

I'm not personally a fan of their specific implementation (something needs to be done to prevent abuse/farming), but it is what it is. Sorry for the inconvenience .

I think it's pretty cool that you guys are willing to try this. Be careful though; because you will all be using the same internet connection, performance might suffer. (It heavily depends on how robust the internet connection is, but 10 LoL streams will certainly beat on most personal connections).

Yethhound

01-03-2010

Well we haven't gotten a chance to all play together, because LOL came to be right after most of us moved, some to go to college, others (by others i mean me and only me) to join the Marine Corps. I talk frequently with these friends and we all love playing LOL together, since the interface and friend system is so friendly. But given the oportunity to go visit again it would be nice to have a party with LOL as we did Dota.

I'm sure once the game progresses they MAY make a Lan feature possible, aswell as figure out some sort of formula based on time and individual player scores which would apply to IP to practice games so you could have a group of people playing practice games and still make some sort of progress (I'm not suggesting that it be 100 a game, but something like, 10 for losers and 25 for winners would be more than enough for people to have fun like we did, and still feel like they aren't wasting time missing out on the grinding that is actually necessary to be successful in this game.)

Jozrael

QA Analyst

01-04-2010

I don't think Riot has any plans at this time for an offline mode. A lot of games are eliminating this functionality because it's a pretty big boon to most pirates, although this thread isn't really the place to argue that xD.

Pinith

01-04-2010

How come you don't show up in the Devtracker? http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/devtracker.php?g=Riot

Is there a way to track all posts by Riot devs and you at once?