Explanation behind IP removal on custom game please

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seigmoraig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2013

Could we get a clarification into the justification of the IP removal in custom games ?

I understand that some people we're grinding XP by completing custom games super fast and you are trying to counter that but I believe that there would have been better solutions to this problem than the one that was implemented.

The easy fix here that doesn't hurt people who are actually playing custom games to test builds or try out weird stuff for fun (how many Q farms do I need on Nasus to 1 shot that Sona bot ?), or just to have a no stress game before going to work or whatever is just to make the rewards happen at 15 minutes. This way the XP grinders are severely hindered (might as well go play a coop vs ai) and the people who actually want to play customs will most likely stay in that game for 20-30+ miutes would not be affected by this change.

Could we get some further insight into this change Riot ? because as of right now, I dont get it.

EDIT: Great conversation here on the topic keep up the positive thinking to get this resolved in a manner that is positive for everyone (except botters).

Positive/constructive feedback and showing Riot that there is actually a portion of their playerbase that enjoys PvE is always the best way to get things sorted out.

R3DSKULL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2013

because like all idiots instead of fixing the problem they just punish all of us. Typical moronic repsonse to a problem people cannot solve. apparenlty from what ive ready a few exploiters have found a way to run it in 5min with master yi and farm IP, so it ruins it for all the rest of us becasue the DEVS are to stupid to solve the problem instead they punish us all who enjoy our custom games. Its bad enough they are to lazy to program the bots to just be harder other than beginner level or add more ai and more bots. instead they just abuse and punish us because a very small amount of players found an exploit typical moron thinking eh.

THE BUGGSHASH

09-04-2013

Sorry OP, but you and your smurf need to stahp

RavenHusky

09-04-2013

I think the point is to hinder XP grinders, so that people can't easily make forum smurfs. If you want to level up, go play some regular games.

Seigmoraig

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
I think the point is to hinder XP grinders, so that people can't easily make forum smurfs. If you want to level up, go play some regular games.

I understand that but what I want to know is why they removed the IP gains

Tartarus

09-04-2013

All I can say is that I'm glad ARAM has its own game type, otherwise GD would likely be a giant s&%tstorm of flaming right now.

CameronWoof

09-04-2013

Custom games where it's just myself and 9 bots have been the most fun I've had playing this game. No one gets angry, no one yells at each other, and games last long enough for me to get into them before they're over. Not getting IP for these is a pretty low blow as far as I'm concerned. They're honestly the perfect no-stress way to play the game, be it just on your own or when trying to teach new players the ropes.

Would love to see this reverted.

Bandana Dee

09-04-2013

bump. this is dumb and needs reverting

Mister Kono

09-04-2013

bump for justice

Seigmoraig

09-04-2013

What I also find baffling in this patch is the HP bars are off by default and they unbound the hotkey that was used to activate/deactivate this O_o

I mean have to even tried to play a game of ARAM with hp bars (minions and players) turned off ?! it's hard to even see who is on your team