Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Sivir's w be made a toggle again?

Yes 12 63.16%
Meh 4 21.05%
No 3 15.79%
Voters 19 .

A serious request regarding Sivir. @Morello pls.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Red October

Recruiter

09-04-2013

So I've had an issue with Sivir's kit for a while, and while I know she's mostly just getting a VU rather than a rework, this seems an opportune time to bring this up.

Look at Sivir's w. Now look at the passive on Statikk Shiv. Both bounce to multiple targets, and the Shiv's damage doesn't decrease as it bounces like Sivir's w does.

Essentially, any marksman who wishes can purchase Sivir's w on an item that's already quite viable on marksmen. Really, it's viable on any autoattack champ. Sivir's w is not unique to her, or at least it feels like any champ can get a (more powerful!) version of it on an item that really has no downside.

Please understand I'm not advocating making any change to Statikk Shiv-- I think it's a great, balanced item. What I really want, what I yearn for for the battle mistress, is her old w back (or something like it).

For those of you who remember, a zillion patches ago Sivir got a rework, which changed her w to what it is now (along with a number of other changes that actually were helpful). Her w USED to be a toggle, so that she could toggle on that ricochet for every autoattack (for a mana cost per attack of course). This gave her immense pushing power (and even some more teamfight presence), and I think it would be worth revisiting on Sivir. It really made the old Sivir what she was-- a pushing powerhouse. Trouble is, now wih her new w and the presence of Statikk Shiv, ANY champ can buy that same pushing power (the power of her new w, not her old toggle). She just feels so blah right now compared to her old self, and has felt even more blah since Statikk Shiv came on the scene.

"But wouldn't the toggle be op?" I don't think so. First, Sivir is far from op at the moment. Lets all take a moment and realize how often she is picked in the LCS, and how often you see her in your own games. She really could USE a return of some of her lost pizzazz.

Please share your thoughts and keep this discussion going. The Battle Mistress needs you.

Riot pls. @Morello pls.

Tl;dr: please make Sivir's w a toggle again.

DrakeTheSnake

09-04-2013

I agree she needs some love, there isn't really a compelling reason to pick her over many popular picks right now. Unless of course you just love Sivir and want to have some fun.

goldsteel

09-04-2013

The only thing is Static Shiv takes a while to charge while she'd be able to do it every auto.

Red October

Recruiter

09-04-2013

Quote:
goldsteel:
The only thing is Static Shiv takes a while to charge while she'd be able to do it every auto.

This, my dear fellow, would be exactly the point. :-)

At the moment, you can charge up Statikk Shiv in about the time Sivir's current w takes for its cooldown. Sad day for Sivir. Returning the toggle would allow Sivir to once again be the powerful pusher we used to know and love.

Red October

Recruiter

09-04-2013

Bump in the hopes that @Xelnath is lurking.

chumbler

09-04-2013

It's at least slightly less boring as an activated ability rather than a toggle. I mean it's still ridiculously boring, but a toggle is even more so. Her old ricochet was the epitome of power without interesting gameplay.

The Revanchrist

09-04-2013

imo her ulti needs changed, her w is fine. currently the only uses are for SP and ez's ulti does that better along with the fact that she doesnt have a disenage, so its really risky to SP alond witht he fact that that means your team is missing the adc in teamfights if one does erupt

MrBoomstickESQ

09-04-2013

No.

Her W reset is a major player in her still being playable in lane.

Also Pushing isn't exactly exciting, I'd rather they gave her other things to make her viable/more interesting to play. Such as increasing her range to 525 or making her passive proc on minions.

She still has the ability to push anyway. Her QW combo clears most waves instantly not to mention her ult buffs minions.