Customs will be even less fun next patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootlesTheGoon View Post
Wow this is really stupid. Is it that big a concern of Riot's that we can get IP when playing 100% solo?
I've always enjoyed going into solo custom games just to goof around with trolly builds that I normally can't do in PVP games, especially after a few rough games in ranked or some such.
Thing with doing an actual bots game, though, is that sometimes people are just in it to get the first win of the day or something, so they pick a super snowball champ and just bumrush the bots' Nexus, which is no fun for anyone actually wanting to try a build, since a lot of kills get taken from them, and the game ends too early.
People do know there are bots online that people use to grind massive amounts of IP right?

This update is preventing that.

FistOf7Dragons

09-03-2013

it sucks I normally play one if im waiting for friends to get on or if im trying out a troll build/ champion mechanics (like trying to dash over walls with rivens q etc) The only reason I do it is so I don't have to queue up which takes time, So I don't have to share the map (I mean if Im playing around with bots I want every blue and red), maybe Im 50 Ip short and if play a quick custom I can finish it quick and not have to worrying about people dodging and bull****ing, and smaybe I don't want to have to play with people. the Ip I get makes the time I used testing out w/e the hell I was doing feel less wasted. If I need 5 people just to get IP hell I might as well just queue for blind pick and yolo it out. I understand the reasoning behind these changes (speedy smurf leveling/Ip grinding) but could they at least leave the Ip and reduce it for 1 person I am perfectly fine with the xp changes although even a reduced amount for them couldn't hurt too.

falkenjeff

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Custom games have always been like this? What is OP talking about?

I played alot of Hide and Seek games, and never got IP/XP.

This isn't new.
That's only because of unbalanced teams (2v5 humans). I guess you've never made a hide and seek yourself before, and seen the tooltip pop up when you click start.

Splinterheart

09-03-2013

Bump, this is the only change I disliked in 3.11

Option Paralysis

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
People do know there are bots online that people use to grind massive amounts of IP right?

This update is preventing that.
You made a post previous to this one saying that it was always like this. It wasn't. Also, fun fact: There is a CAP on the amount of IP you can gain because of people using bots to grind for this reason. If there is already a cap, and it was already to stop people from abusing bot programs....why take it away altogether? There is a set time limit to earn IP in customs. So, whatever "massive" amounts of IP they get from using bot games....it is not actually a lot.

Crimson Mutt

09-03-2013

Play bots. Noone cares what you do in bot games. Really, you can win 2v5 there, and noone gives you **** about your build.

If you don't want to deal with people, just ignore them all and pretend they are also bots.

tempname129c

09-03-2013

Riot doesn't care about you.

They care about finding ways of making more money by further stripping you of your precious ip.

Also, playing more normals and/or ranked will eventually lead to your permaban if you lose enough and are negative about your losses, which means you'd have to recreate an account and re-buy everything if you wish to continue playing LoL. I GAREN-tee it! Coop vs AI is limited, and I wouldn't be surprised if they started reducing ip income even further in this game mode, as well as any other... because Riot Greed.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option Paralysis View Post
You made a post previous to this one saying that it was always like this. It wasn't.
For 1v1 custom matches you receive IP, but for uneven team matches you don't, I was referring to the latter.

Quote:
Also, fun fact: There is a CAP on the amount of IP you can gain because of people using bots to grind for this reason. If there is already a cap, and it was already to stop people from abusing bot programs....why take it away altogether? There is a set time limit to earn IP in customs. So, whatever "massive" amounts of IP they get from using bot games....it is not actually a lot.

Whether there's a cap or not. There shouldn't be a possibility of someone earning IP by using a bot at all.

Stop complaining about this update when it's good.

Play bot matches if you want to grind IP without the stress of real game modes.

Fubar8008

09-03-2013

I have to say i agree with OP, sometimes i just want to play by myself. Besides you don't get that much IP anyways so why the change.... I don't get it.

GOLDENBOOTY

09-03-2013

I dont think its a great idea what they're doing, but I imagine it has to do with illegitimate players using bots to win their matches earning champs. Using bots as in a program to play for them when they're not online and at work something.

Yes i've seen these happen and dont be stupid enough to say there isnt any,bcuz there is. Bots behave a certain way and so does people who using botting programs.

I think they should figure out another source for that tho bcuz this will just drive the number of active subscribers and online players on League of Legends to drop.

In the end, Your community will be known to be garbage as it is already being said from others