i pick zed and their mid picks kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FunkeeJ

09-03-2013

so i picked zed for mid
and then their tam picked kassadin mid saying how kassadin's R counters zed
the guy used R not too cautiously and so i ulted after he "ulted"
i killed him 6 times and went 6/0 in the firrst 10 minutes and the guy asid it was their jungler's fault
i know kassadin is ridiculously good and he's free atm...but why would you pick kassadin against zed?
and this was in gold...i thought players would stop doing this type of stuff after silver

ofc it was hectic postmatch chat with kassadin blaming everyone for not ganking mid (even top and bot) from earlier on -_-;;;;
the guy never warded ofc

Gorton Fisherman

09-03-2013

kass free wee-
wait a minute
this was ranked?
yeah okay wtf

Falling Objects

09-03-2013

Because Kassadin's R does counter Zed, but that guy was just an idiot.

Kassadin R's into Zed? Zed ****s on his chest because he only needs a 2-3 second window to wipe the floor with him.

Zed R's into Kassadin? Kassadin R's away after Zed lands, pisses on his shoes, and whittles him away with Q and just generally pokes him out of lane for the next 100 seconds or so.

Note, when I say 'counter' I mean that Kassadin/Zed should degrade into this awkward farm lane where whoever goes all in first loses, and successful ganks from the jungle are next to impossible, so nobody ever does anything but farm.

Track Altitude

09-03-2013

He didn't even need to pick Kassadin. He coulda just gotten Zhonya's on any AP Mid.

FunkeeJ

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Altitude View Post
Did he get Zhonya's?
He went for seeker's but he was going ballsout against zed and was turret diving like no other
i also never have much trouble against kassadin as zed and fizz, which are the two champs that i love to play for mid

FunkeeJ

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Objects View Post
Because Kassadin's R does counter Zed, but that guy was just an idiot.

Kassadin R's into Zed? Zed ****s on his chest because he only needs a 2-3 second window to wipe the floor with him.

Zed R's into Kassadin? Kassadin R's away after Zed lands, pisses on his shoes, and whittles him away with Q and just generally pokes him out of lane for the next 100 seconds or so.

Note, when I say 'counter' I mean that Kassadin/Zed should degrade into this awkward farm lane where whoever goes all in first loses, and successful ganks from the jungle are next to impossible, so nobody ever does anything but farm.
generally, zed is considered a very strong pick against kassadin

Falling Objects

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeeJ View Post
generally, zed is considered a very strong pick against kassadin
He is, because Kassadin's strength comes from being able to win most matchups post 6, and being able to roam to get fed off of other lanes and win said other lanes. He can't do much against Zed to force him out of lane directly while his ultimate is up, and if he just straight up roams Zed can and will destroy a tower with a single minion wave, along with being able to counter gank and secure kills just as well as Kassadin.

Zed doesn't counter Kassadin as a champion- Zed counters Kassadin's entire playstyle.

Cereal

Adjudicator

09-03-2013

If there were no ganks that skewed the balance, then I'd say that THAT Kass just wasn't good. He also probably was unfamiliar with exactly how Zed works. It's not that hard to dodge Zed's stuff. That said, a good Kass vs a good Zed would be a really interesting watch.

Zed's ult does own Kass, that's why the key is dodging Zed's stuff and IMMEDIATELY jumping in with ult, force pulse (first because subsequent abilities of yours and his will charge it)activate W, about 2 auto attacks, THEN Q (as Zed's spells are just coming off CD) and ult away again.

Always outdamage him, always engage after you've forced a missed skillshot from him. Keep your hp significantly higher. Watch for when he would ult and abandon that fight- make him waste it.

Last time I played as Kass vs Zed I think he hit me with 3 or maybe 4 skillshots. If you feel his damage start to pile on get out! Similar to playing against Darius.

parnellyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2013

Actually i always thought that Zed's ult counters Kassadins. If Kassadin is teleporting away you can just ult him and follow him.

Falling Objects

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnellyx View Post
Actually i always thought that Zed's ult counters Kassadins. If Kassadin is teleporting away you can just ult him and follow him.
I've already explained what happens. If Kassadin ults INTO Zed, Zed just full combo's him and Kassadin dies because he can't escape. If Zed ults into Kassadin, Kassadin waits for him to land, and THEN ults away since Zed has no method of catching him from riftwalk distance.