Gragas vs Zed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HugsBunny

09-02-2013

Would you consider this a skill matchup, or does Gragas just completely dominate this match up? I've played this match up a couple of times and I've noticed that Zed really can't blow up Gragas the way he blows up other champions. If he tries to initiate on you, you can just Ulti him away, body slam away from his disengage, and just reengage when death mark wears out. What about you guys, what's your experience with this match up?

IXBlackStarXI

09-02-2013

gragas beat the **** out of zed

better range and tankyer

his poke is way better

Gorton Fisherman

09-02-2013

"i deth mark u"
"lol no 20% damage reduction die now pls"
";____;"
zed has been slain

Tucking Sits

09-02-2013

I would say Gragas wins this matchup. He has a damage reduction steroid that also increases his AD (making his early trading/all-ins far more favorable than Zed), good poke and waveclear, and a high damage AOE ultimate that he can use to keep Zed away (or get close to him).

Zed has good waveclear and only has to manage his energy, on top of pretty good poke. However, he has no steroids until 6, and his escape/gap closer is on a much longer cooldown than Gragas (on top of Gragas' dealing good damage AND slowing enemies struck).

Vectoradron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2013

equal skill Gragas wins due to strong poke and decent tankiness/sustain. He is a tanky mage, because he is melee, so Zed will not destroy him usually unless he had a successful invade or something of that nature.Also Gragas can push the lane really hard with a bit of AP so Zed will have difficulty doing anything without some sort of punishment

ZZZappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2013

Maybe you guys just play really against really bad Zeds? Gragas barrel is an easy to avoid poke, especially as Zed, but Zed can't follow up with any sort of strong aggression without trading. It seems to me to be a skill matchup.