Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[ARAM Smurfs] What if they encourage you to own more champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjaipod

09-02-2013

it's a good suggestion.

Quote:
Bions:
This is a thread in an aram forum, about aram smurfs who play in aram games. Your preference of champions in Rift is not a factor here. At least not when trying to "fix aram smurfs".

Actually that's not right.. ARAM is only a game mode, the champion pool affect ARAM, SR, DOMINION, etc. so yes anything related to the champions is a factor here.

just because this is the ARAM forum it doesn't mean that everyone here play ARAM exclusively.

Bions

09-02-2013

Quote:
ninjaipod:
just because this is the ARAM forum it doesn't mean that everyone here play ARAM exclusively.

ARAM smurfs do. That's why we call them aram smurfs.

The "fix" that OP suggested doesn't deal with aram smurfs. it just helps with the old accounts with a lot of champions on them against smurfs. This is by no means a solution.

A Slime Appears

09-03-2013

Quote:
W3rDGotMilk:
I'm gonna show those trolls what's up by trolling right back!

Always ends well.

I like the idea of disabling a couple champs, have about 60-70 champs, some of them I'm not a particularly big fan of, regardless of how strong they are/aren't in ARAM, so it'd be nice to disable a few.

Kalarepa

09-03-2013

I'm sorry, but I don't see, how this would encourage smurfs to stop being smurfs. Why buy more heroes just to disable few weak ones, when you already have all the unwanted heroes disabled simply by not buying them?

You know how it would look like in practice? Smurfs wouldn't give a **** about this idea. While non-smurfs would disable their weak champions and become "half smurfs". ARAM overall would become even less random than it is now, which is very bad.

ninjaipod

09-05-2013

Quote:
Kalarepa:
I'm sorry, but I don't see, how this would encourage smurfs to stop being smurfs. Why buy more heroes just to disable few weak ones, when you already have all the unwanted heroes disabled simply by not buying them?

You know how it would look like in practice? Smurfs wouldn't give a **** about this idea. While non-smurfs would disable their weak champions and become "half smurfs". ARAM overall would become even less random than it is now, which is very bad.

you didn't even read the first post...

Kalarepa

09-05-2013

Quote:
ninjaipod:
you didn't even read the first post...

Why do you think I didn't?

W3rDGotMilk

09-05-2013

3 days later and yup, its still dumb to "encourage more people to buy more champs buy disabling champs they've bought." All this would do is help a small population of aram players who are too lazy to start a new account or have champs removed.

When its all said and done smurfs aren't a problem, people doing everything they can outside of cheating to have a good time at a game isn't a problem. Its the equivalent of complaining that the other football teams are better because they practice more, hurdurr.

Kalarepa

09-05-2013

Quote:
W3rDGotMilk:
3 days later and yup, its still dumb to "encourage more people to buy more champs buy disabling champs they've bought." All this would do is help a small population of aram players who are too lazy to start a new account or have champs removed.

When its all said and done smurfs aren't a problem, people doing everything they can outside of cheating to have a good time at a game isn't a problem. Its the equivalent of complaining that the other football teams are better because they practice more, hurdurr.

This post sounds like thief trying to justify himself by saying "Stealing isn't a problem. There's just small group of honest people, who are too lazy to steal by themselves".
It's not about laziness, it's about playing this mode like it's supposed to be played. Smurfing is just bypassing the main aram rule and it is a problem, because it ruins this mode.

Bions

09-05-2013

Quote:
Kalarepa:
like it's supposed to be played.

Quote:
Kalarepa:

Quote:
Kalarepa:

That's your opinion, it's not a fact.

Stealing is a crime, just like breaching the Riot's EULA. Smurfing or using the flawed parameters of their own maps is by no mean against what they intended, therefor you cannot compare it to stealing. If you want to blame someone, post more threads in his section. Yelling at people that use the game mechanics in their favor isn't going to solve anything and it certainly won't make them stop. People who make competitive smurfs want to win, they don't care about ethics. Anything YOU considered unintended is part of your own mental prison, not riot's and certainly not everyone's..

W3rDGotMilk

09-05-2013

Damn you bions, you beat me to it.

I'm pretty sure when the 20ish of us started playing it heavily 3 and a half years ago the only way it was supposed to be played was middle lane only, random champs, no brush, no going back, no snowball items and no guardian angel. Well now you cant help but stick to the middle lane, the brush actually makes it more fun, they removed the redonk items and you can go back all you want now!

So how is it supposed to be played now? I must have missed the memo.