Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[ARAM Smurfs] What if they encourage you to own more champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeddite

Recruiter

09-01-2013

Quote:
Someone simply disagreeing in such a boring, bland and uncreative way does invalidate their "arguement" if you can even call it that.

Why am I even in this troll thread discussing a troll topic with obvious trolls? I should at least be on my smurfs account to do this.

Looking forward to someone saying something that could actually lead to a discussion in here though.

Hey there, high school junior. You havent learned this yet, but a bruised ego does not an invalid argument make. Yet, you think you've been around the forums longer than I? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL there's an invalid argument (not that you'd know).

Since comprehension isnt your forte, let's break it down (try to keep up). This thread poses a question: what could Riot do to encourage (that means "motivate&quot players to unlock more champions for ARAM. If players have more champions owned, that increases randomness. That is, the statistical probably of getting any individual champion (say, Poppy) decreases as the size of the champion pool to draw from increases. That you somehow think owning a larger champion pool decreases the "randomness" is just another laughable sign of your ignorance on the subject. I get it: this is hard for you to grasp as you dont know the difference between pre-algebra and statistics.

Jeddite

Recruiter

09-01-2013

And since you missed it, between your inability to understand text and the Category II hurricane of tears you gushed out, here's a suggestion for providing incentive to own more champions, not less:

Quote:

3A. Increase maximum number of re-rolls by total champion pool (say +1 at 75+ champions)
-or-
3B. Exponentially increase accrual of re-roll points after X champions (i.e. at 99+ champions, should be getting a re-roll per match played)

W3rDGotMilk

09-01-2013

I like that little thing you do where you say I feel/think one way to convince me I do. Its cute! Feel free to show where I had a brused ego or said I thought I'de been around the forums longer than you (what's that even have to do with anything?)

Thanks for trying to turn it into a discussion though so here, I'll do what I typically do and try to educate someone. I'll even let you come up with your own answers.

This forum has been around how long?
How many "here's how we are going to fix aram" threads are there?
How many have riot replied to?
How many have they considered?
How many have they done?
What can we gain from any of the "here's how we are going to fix aram" posts?

Because I'm bord I'm going to rewrite this all in your style.

First I have to elevate myself to a higher level and also belittle you.

Sup noob? I designed Ashe and shes named after my sister so i know everything about the game and you dont.

Then reply to an insult that was never actually given by the other person while still trying to make myself seem large and in charge.

You are all wrong about me being homeless and smelly dawg, I guarantee my house is like 8 times larger than yours and i bet i even made more money typing this sentence than your whole family ever has combined this is where you insert some form of over played internet saying LOL U MAD BRO!?!?!!!!?!?!

After all of that now you start to get to the point you actually came to make but you make sure to not let up on the insults. This is also where everyone begins to lose interest and they start to migrate the mouse to either the thumbs down or back buttons

U couldn't even flash, quickscope headshot a blitz grab on a 14 stacks feasted no boots chogath son! I know because my 6 mains I don't post on are all challenger and you don't highschool chemistry wright! Nobody even reads dis forums! Not even riot or your boyfriend! Riot doesn't care what you or anybody but I think about the game. Only my suggestions are good enough to get red.

And that's it, I also decided to do it without going back and checking spelling too. This was actually more fun than playing a game! I'm also done with this post, nothing good is going to come from it and I honestly feel dirty participating.

Bions

09-01-2013

Quote:
KaXaSA51:
I always see people complaining about 'ARAM Smurfs', while IMO that's not really a big problem I was thinking... Why not simply encorage players to buy more champions?

They tried that with the reroll points but they could go further:
If you own more than X champions you can disable Y champions in your ARAM pool.

-by 'disable' I mean that they are removed from your pool when you're playing aram-

Obviously this feature would only be available if the player own a large amount of champions.

So what you guys think? good/bad idea?

Why would people buy champion Y if they're going to disable it in the end to not roll it anyways? The point of a smurf account is to not get bad picks. This "solution" doesn't solve the smurf issue, it only reduces the champion gap between smurfs and accounts with 50 or more champs.

dis thread is awesum and new! riot pls if u see dis plis nerf mister yi too it op ok i pay money nerf it pentakill alaways my brutha say me dude we are an proffessionnal players so we ranked but elo hell alaways riot pls nerf mister yi

Keivah

09-02-2013

Quote:
W3rDGotMilk]I like that little thing you do where you say I feel/think one way to convince me I do. Its cute! Feel free to show where I had a brused ego or said I thought I'de been around the forums longer than you (what's that even have to do with anything?)

Thanks for trying to turn it into a discussion though so here, I'll do what I typically do and try to educate someone. I'll even let you come up with your own answers.

This forum has been around how long?
How many "
:

I just have to say, from reading the ARAM forums a lot lately, I notice you and Jeddite bickering back and forth constantly and tend to ignore it.

This time though Jeddite brought up a useful idea pertaining to the thread, and wasn't trolling said original post. This post by you is just blatantly useless and you're just using it to get on his nerves. LOL

[QUOTE=Jeddite]1. Minimum number of champions required (not counting free weekers)
2. Minimum level of 20 (primarily as a subset of #1)

3A. Increase maximum number of re-rolls by total champion pool (say +1 at 75+ champions)
-or-
3B. Exponentially increase accrual of re-roll points after X champions (i.e. at 99+ champions, should be getting a re-roll per match played)

I actually like this idea, because I'm getting up there in champions owned, and it seems to take forever to earn 1 reroll, when I know I'm gonna use it on that champion I never play.

KaXaSA51

09-02-2013

Quote:
Bions:
Why would people buy champion Y if they're going to disable it in the end to not roll it anyways? The point of a smurf account is to not get bad picks. This "solution" doesn't solve the smurf issue, it only reduces the champion gap between smurfs and accounts with 50 or more champs.

Because aram is not the only game mode available? ex: you may hate udyr in aram but love to jungle/ solo top in SR
Because sometimes you buy a champion but after a few matches you decide that you don't really like the way the champion works/ his skill kit / etc. ?

I don't really think you can "solve" the smurf issue because imo you can't 'punish' smurfs without hurting new players in the process so it's better to just encourage the players to keep using their main account.

Embyr Polaris

09-02-2013

So where do people like myself fit into this?

I joined League RIGHT after ARAM was introduced- found I liked it a lot more than SR, and literally leveled myself from a little over lvl5 all the way to lvl30 with it. I've played 30 normal games (lost most of them- I'm really bad at it), and around 600 ARAM games. Because of this, my champion pool absolutely consists of champions I enjoy playing for ARAM, because all I really enjoy playing is ARAM. But I'm not a smurf.

I guess I feel like just because I'm partial to a certain game mode and my champion pool is directed to said game mode, doesn't make me a 'problem' that needs 'solved'.

Dark Nephthys

09-02-2013

Quote:
Embyr Polaris:
So where do people like myself fit into this?

I joined League RIGHT after ARAM was introduced- found I liked it a lot more than SR, and literally leveled myself from a little over lvl5 all the way to lvl30 with it. I've played 30 normal games (lost most of them- I'm really bad at it), and around 600 ARAM games. Because of this, my champion pool absolutely consists of champions I enjoy playing for ARAM, because all I really enjoy playing is ARAM. But I'm not a smurf.

I guess I feel like just because I'm partial to a certain game mode and my champion pool is directed to said game mode, doesn't make me a 'problem' that needs 'solved'.

The difference between you and a smurf is that you own champions you actually like, while a smurf would only own champions that are "strong" in ARAM. What they said won't hurt you at all, or the people that are using smurfs, but it's to encourage people to have a reason to buy more champions.

Like since you only play ARAM now, and you bought champions that you like (I'm assuming you waited until they were free and bought them after they left rotation) means that your entire champion pool or most of it are champions you like to play. But smurfs make an account and only get all the best ARAM champions and because of that they'll probably only have like...maybe 10-15 champs that they own (+ free week). While you might have some where around maybe 30+? + free week.

These suggestions are mainly for the players like us that have most (or all) of the champions {I have around 80 or so} so since we have most of the champions, we have a good amount of champions that either we hate, or suck with, or is generally not all that strong in ARAM so we would want to disable or find a way to make it easier for us to reroll to another random champion that we might actually like, or at least stand a chance with.

So it really encourages the people that has almost the amount of champions that they suggested the minimum of. Let's say you need to own 40 champions to be able to disable some, and you can disable champions that you own (1 for every 15 or 20 Champions you own or some thing...) so if you need 40 champions to do this, and you have like 35...That might persuade you get 5 more champions that you were "thinking" of getting just to disable a few that you never want to play in ARAM. Doing this might actually make Riot money for the people who want to get to the minimum champions and buys them with RP. Like people have said though, it won't get rid of smurfs but it would at least allow people who have most of the champions to be able to at least fight the smurfs a little better.

Embyr Polaris

09-02-2013

Quote:
S4G Yubel:
So it really encourages the people that has almost the amount of champions that they suggested the minimum of. Let's say you need to own 40 champions to be able to disable some, and you can disable champions that you own (1 for every 15 or 20 Champions you own or some thing...) so if you need 40 champions to do this, and you have like 35...That might persuade you get 5 more champions that you were "thinking" of getting just to disable a few that you never want to play in ARAM. Doing this might actually make Riot money for the people who want to get to the minimum champions and buys them with RP. Like people have said though, it won't get rid of smurfs but it would at least allow people who have most of the champions to be able to at least fight the smurfs a little better.

Ohhhhhh, I see. This makes a *lot* of sense. Thank you for taking the time to explain it a little better

This wouldn't hurt anyone at all, I would be in huge support of this.

Bions

09-02-2013

Quote:
KaXaSA51:
Because aram is not the only game mode available? ex: you may hate udyr in aram but love to jungle/ solo top in SR
Because sometimes you buy a champion but after a few matches you decide that you don't really like the way the champion works/ his skill kit / etc. ?

I don't really think you can "solve" the smurf issue because imo you can't 'punish' smurfs without hurting new players in the process so it's better to just encourage the players to keep using their main account.

This is a thread in an aram forum, about aram smurfs who play in aram games. Your preference of champions in Rift is not a factor here. At least not when trying to "fix aram smurfs".

And you're right about your second paragraph. Even if someone did have a pretty good idea that could work, it's irrelevant. Riot don't have game designers browsing each map forums about suggestions. They,re paid to come out with ideas by themselves. The exception is when a thread reaches well over 5 thousand upvotes, but that would be impossible since only the same 20ish people post here on a regular basis and the rest create new threads about "new and awesome" flawed ideas that wouldn't work and then just leave for good when they see -10 downvotes on their post as well as 5 guys throwing insults at each other, like we're seeing here..