Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[ARAM Smurfs] What if they encourage you to own more champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaXaSA51

09-01-2013

I always see people complaining about 'ARAM Smurfs', while IMO that's not really a big problem I was thinking... Why not simply encorage players to buy more champions?

They tried that with the reroll points but they could go further:
If you own more than X champions you can disable Y champions in your ARAM pool.

-by 'disable' I mean that they are removed from your pool when you're playing aram-

Obviously this feature would only be available if the player own a large amount of champions.

So what you guys think? good/bad idea?

Edit:

Just to make sure people understand this

Quote:
KaXaSA51:

I don't really think you can "solve" the smurf issue because imo you can't 'punish' smurfs without hurting new players in the process so it's better to just encourage the players to keep using their main account.

FDru

09-01-2013

I'd be happy with this under 2 circumstances

1. Must own a minimum of champs to be able to disable any (40+ I would say)

2. Can only disable owned champs so smurfs can't disable free week rolls

Jeddite

Recruiter

09-01-2013

1. Minimum number of champions required (not counting free weekers)
2. Minimum level of 20 (primarily as a subset of #1)

3A. Increase maximum number of re-rolls by total champion pool (say +1 at 75+ champions)
-or-
3B. Exponentially increase accrual of re-roll points after X champions (i.e. at 99+ champions, should be getting a re-roll per match played)

W3rDGotMilk

09-01-2013

So far this is nothing but ideas of how to make accounts with lots of owned champions less random. I thought the point of the game was random champs. Is this the new flavor of the month idea to "fix" aram? What happened to the opening the entire champion pool that everyone was so happy about last month?

On a side note you guys haven't discovered how to remove champions from your owned list yet?

zztophat

09-01-2013

Quote:
W3rDGotMilk:
So far this is nothing but ideas of how to make accounts with lots of owned champions less random. I thought the point of the game was random champs. Is this the new flavor of the month idea to "fix" aram? What happened to the opening the entire champion pool that everyone was so happy about last month?

On a side note you guys haven't discovered how to remove champions from your owned list yet?

Everyone was not happy with that idea, it got a handful of upvotes and that's all. I personally would not play if all champs were available, because there are some champs I hate, not because they are bad but because I don't like playing them.

I save my rolls for them, exclusively, I don't roll my bad champs for better champs, I use my rolls to roll out of the champs I hate to play.

Jeddite

Recruiter

09-01-2013

Quote:
So far this is nothing but ideas of how to make accounts with lots of owned champions less random.

Uh, no.

Quote:
Is this the new flavor of the month idea to "fix" aram?

Uh, no.

Quote:
What happened to the opening the entire champion pool that everyone was so happy about last month?

Uh, no.

W3rDGotMilk

09-01-2013

Hey forum troll, i haven't officially welcomed you to the forums.

Welcome

I really appreciate you taking over Fdru's position as the guy who tries to bring the ARAM froum down and discourage everyone / completely countering the small amount of good I try to do.

Nice to have you.

zztophat

09-01-2013

I am pretty sure FDru is still the reining king of negativity. Jeddite has a far more measured response to things, just because he disagrees with you does not make him a troll and just calling someone a troll does not invalidate their arguments.

W3rDGotMilk

09-01-2013

Someone simply disagreeing in such a boring, bland and uncreative way does invalidate their "arguement" if you can even call it that.

Why am I even in this troll thread discussing a troll topic with obvious trolls? I should at least be on my smurfs account to do this.

Looking forward to someone saying something that could actually lead to a discussion in here though.

zztophat

09-01-2013

Quote:
W3rDGotMilk:

Looking forward to someone saying something that could actually lead to a discussion in here though.

Trololololol