Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

looking for a new top laner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExiTWouNDS8o8

08-31-2013

hey guys i have 6000 ip stored up and looking to pick up a new top lane champ.

I currently have singed, cho, garen and am alright with singed, decent with cho and flat out horrible with garen (i cant play tanks for some reason =\)

want a champ that could possibly play top or mid too help out during champ selection

current favorite champs are annie, ashe, singed, udyr

any suggestions who i should give a try? dont wanna waste ip on another champ im not gonna use lol

was thinking about either fizz or vlad.

Thoughts?

Gibbon100

Recruiter

08-31-2013

Kha'zix is a good assassin.
Vlad is also pretty fun and has a safe laning phase

ExiTWouNDS8o8

08-31-2013

hmm and kha zix doubles triples for jungle too xD nice
so khazix does he have a hard learning curve?

ive been playing with vlad as a free champ and hes taking a lil getting used to but he seems pretty damn fun to b honest

what about rengar since were going that route?

Foorast

08-31-2013

try rumble hes so good vs melee champs and i always get double kills when jungle ganks from his ults people just dont know not to stand in it. plus his ult is amazing in team fights as well

silikus

08-31-2013

panth works top. his passive shield is nice for absorbing a hit when you do your W+E combo to harass.

yi works, though i haven't really played him in the pvp format, just dinking around in bot games. i've seen teammates as yi snowball into terrifying cleanup monsters.

i like trundle. trundle has some sustain, fairly tanky, decent built in dmg with his Q. becomes very hard to kill if he's opposed by a tank as his ult will steal armor/MR + HP. can be EXTREMELY hard o chase down between his pillar blocks and W ms+as zone.

flakydorf

09-01-2013

I think Vi may fit the bill there. Her E allows her to poke fairly effectively vs a lot of mid lane champs as well, although its definately not a normal midlane pick. Regardless, she's an effective assasin that can at the least play top and jung.

Silence Falls

09-01-2013

Vlad can get really monstrous. Riven is a nice high-mobility top that a lot of people like, too.

GetBackToLife

09-01-2013

Quote:
ExiTWouNDS8o8:
hmm and kha zix doubles triples for jungle too xD nice
so khazix does he have a hard learning curve?

ive been playing with vlad as a free champ and hes taking a lil getting used to but he seems pretty damn fun to b honest

what about rengar since were going that route?

Rengar mid can work, but he's best a top, jung can work too, but if you want to play rengar mid you need alot of games/expereince with him under your belt i'd say, but overall he's fun to play.

Bullzeye007

09-01-2013

Well I main Tryndamere top, so I would say him

Edit: Vlad is also an extremely good pick top, and he can be a monster late game. (He's one of the few others top I can do decently with).