Multiple Mastery Pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joltion

12-07-2010

Does anyone else think having multiple mastery pages is a good idea? This way you can make a page for: melee, caster, utility, and tanks, then just select the page when you are picking champions.

Jolt

Dorsia

12-07-2010

yes i do

Netheryn

12-07-2010

A lot of people think this.

Tyrus Swon

12-09-2010

A lot do think so, but why should you implement it? Don't tell me you are not able to set your masteries within a minute...

Joltion

12-11-2010

If i have to switch on the fly to be a tank because no one else is, might be harder to adjust masteries within the champion select time.

Slaughtersun

12-12-2010

Quote:
A lot do think so, but why should you implement it? Don't tell me you are not able to set your masteries within a minute...
While it's been said many times, I'll say it again for everyone. No one said anything about not being able to change masteries in a minute (although, to be honest, with the lag between clicks sometimes even THAT can be difficult). Problems arise when there is very little time to change masteries and lock them in safely. This should not be a problem, period.
But it is, and has been, for some time.

Riot, why? Shouldn't it be relatively easy to implement this? I understand some people don't think it's a necessity, and that's fine (maybe they don't experience the lag in adobe air). It would be, however, a great convenience to have them all setup and not have to worry about server lag or not having enough time.

I'd LOVE to at least hear what Riot has to say about this. Please?!

Morishmael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2010

I have this issue all the time. I go into a match wanting to play a caster, but knowing I can play tank as well, and instead of just locking in as a caster and saying screw potential team balance, I wait to see what the rest of the team is choosing, I ask if anyone is running tank. A lot of the time I get no responses and theres 1 or 2 people who don't choose their champion till the last 20 seconds or so. With click lag and menu lag theres no way I can choose my champ, switch summoner spells, switch masteries, and change my rune page in 20 seconds. Yeah, I could just go into every match in tank setup, but then if we get a tank I have the same issue switching to caster.

I thought maybe it was a riot point purchase in shop (which would be bull, given that we get 3 rune pages by default) so I checked but nope. Why is it theres 3 rune pages and 1 mastery page? Both masteries and runes are best tuned to your current champion, or at least to your champions role, and they recognized runes make a difference and made 3 rune pages, so why not masteries? With the absurd amount of menu lag, it just isn't feasible to switch them quick enough to fill roles your teammates waited till the last 15 seconds to say/show they weren't going to fill.

Praetoria

12-13-2010

I agree 100%.

It would be nice in fact if each rune page had an attached default masteries page. Say you have your 3 rune pages set for garen, jax, and karthus. There could be a button on the Garen rune page to 'set default mastery selection for this rune page'. Click that, set up the masteries, and click save. Next time you are in champ select you might pick Karthus and realize at 10 seconds remaining that the 3 people who waited to select all picked squishy AP - no problem, just change your champ to Garen, select the Garen rune page, and ding! your masteries automatically change to suit the tank role. Leave the option to change the masteries page -for that game- in place in case you wanted to tweak something and had time to do so.

Dorsia

12-15-2010

i'm also the type that tends to wait until the very end to choose my champ, to fill out the team, and many times i end up running either runes, spells, or masteries that i just didnt have time to change. an easier solution would be to just increase the time before a match starts from 8 sec to like 20 sec instead of having to implement multiple mastery pages. however, i'd prefer the extra pages