Unfairly banned?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niqhtmare x

08-31-2013

Elo boosting punishment:
1. Two week ban
2. Removal of all season 1 and 2 rewards
3. Not eligible for season 3 rewards

This is a very serious punishment, and one that should not be given out lightly. As a high elo player, do you deserve this punishment if you simply played 1 or 2 games on a friend's bronze elo account? The obvious answer is NO.
You can imagine my surprise when I was stuck with this punishment for a similar reason.

Long story short, I had an online friend who did me several favors in the past. One day, he asks me to do him a favor, and because of our history, of course I said yes. So he asks me to join his platinum 3v3 team and play a couple games with him. I join, and we end up being matched against an enemy 3v3 team who happened to be his friend's team. In game, it's a joke and everyone is playing for fun and not competitively. We mess around and they let us win. I queue up with them one more time, and again, we get the same opponents. They let us win again, and even gave me a pentakill.

Now I'm getting kind of uneasy, because something is fishy here, so when he asks me to play with him one more time, I decline and leave his platinum 3v3 team right away. That was the end of that; I wanted no part in whatever he was doing. I had no idea, but this online friend was actually a long time win trader for 3v3 teams, and sold high elo 3v3 team spots for money.

So I thought that was the end of that, but HALF A YEAR LATER, my account is banned for no reason, all season rewards are stripped from it, including my border, banner, icon, and skins. So of course, I send in a support ticket.
They responded that I was banned for 3v3 win trading. I respond, telling them this exact story, and they know that I only did it for 2 games, because that's what the records show (I didn't even get a tier or division for this team, and I even left the team right after, reaping no benefits for myself). After seven days (yes, Riot customer support sucks sometimes), the particular Rioter in charge of my ticket responded with: "It doesn't matter how many times you commit an offense in game". I explain to him that his logic is highly flawed and makes no sense. People are not banned for accidentally raging in ONE game, they are banned for proving to be raging consistently in their games. Similarly, people who are banned for elo boosting, are not punished for playing ONE game on a low elo account to experience it. People are banned for playing on accounts "with the specific purpose of improving the...account’s MMR".

After reading that, and refusing to acknowledge my request that another Rioter read my support ticket, this guy closes my ticket, and I am forced to turn to the community to ask for help.

Tl;dr My online friend "tricked" me into participating in two win trade games in 3v3 on his platinum team. I left the team right after, and didn't even get the team any divisions or tiers on it. 6 months later, I am banned for 3v3 win trading, stripped of all season 1 and 2 rewards, ineligible for season 3 rewards, and have a 2 week ban. Tell me, community, is this fair?

My response to Riot Wookieecookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niqhtmare x View Post
If you really believe that I deserve this punishment for 4 games, and then leaving the team, then so be it. I am just really dissappointed that it took me 2 weeks to get a proper answer, and that I couldn't even get it via support ticket, I had to get it off a third party website (reddit), and blow this topic way out of control.

jorvek

08-31-2013

At least you don't get banned because your team sucks and they get mad so they all gang up on you for no reason and report you!!!
Fix the matchmaking!!!!!!1

tempname8796

08-31-2013

i feel bad for OP

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2013

You still trying to play innocent after Riot busted you?

Shouldn't of cheated, take your punishment like a man.

EDIT:

His last thread about his ban

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...qhtmare&page=5

I posted the link with the Riot's post

mambawarrior0

08-31-2013

This actually does sound pretty unfair, I hope you can get it sorted out.

Turtle vs Beaver

08-31-2013

I think it is fair. Who's to say you're trustworthy? Maybe this didnt happen just once it could have happened in all the games you played no matter how many there are. So what the logic is, is that if you murdered someone you will be called a murderer even if you did it to see what it was like and what you're doing is like saying NO i'm not a murderer I just killed once to see what it was like. :Pnice try though

pastafariany

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle vs Beaver View Post
I think it is fair. Who's to say you're trustworthy? Maybe this didnt happen just once it could have happened in all the games you played no matter how many there are. So what the logic is, is that if you murdered someone you will be called a murderer even if you did it to see what it was like and what you're doing is like saying NO i'm not a murderer I just killed once to see what it was like. :Pnice try though
i don't think you understand how retarded your example is.

proximuhtyZ

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niqhtmare x View Post
Elo boosting punishment:
1. Two week ban
2. Removal of all season 1 and 2 rewards
3. Not eligible for season 3 rewards

This is a very serious punishment, and one that should not be given out lightly. As a high elo player, do you deserve this punishment if you simply played 1 or 2 games on a friend's bronze elo account? The obvious answer is NO.
You can imagine my surprise when I was stuck with this punishment for a similar reason.

Long story short, I had an online friend who did me several favors in the past. One day, he asks me to do him a favor, and because of our history, of course I said yes. So he asks me to join his platinum 3v3 team and play a couple games with him. I join, and we end up being matched against an enemy 3v3 team who happened to be his friend's team. In game, it's a joke and everyone is playing for fun and not competitively. We mess around and they let us win. I queue up with them one more time, and again, we get the same opponents. They let us win again, and even gave me a pentakill.

Now I'm getting kind of uneasy, because something is fishy here, so when he asks me to play with him one more time, I decline and leave his platinum 3v3 team right away. That was the end of that; I wanted no part in whatever he was doing. I had no idea, but this online friend was actually a long time win trader for 3v3 teams, and sold high elo 3v3 team spots for money.

So I thought that was the end of that, but HALF A YEAR LATER, my account is banned for no reason, all season rewards are stripped from it, including my border, banner, icon, and skins. So of course, I send in a support ticket.
They responded that I was banned for 3v3 win trading. I respond, telling them this exact story, and they know that I only did it for 2 games, because that's what the records show (I didn't even get a tier or division for this team, and I even left the team right after, reaping no benefits for myself). After seven days (yes, Riot customer support sucks sometimes), the particular Rioter in charge of my ticket responded with: "It doesn't matter how many times you commit an offense in game". I explain to him that his logic is highly flawed and makes no sense. People are not banned for accidentally raging in ONE game, they are banned for proving to be raging consistently in their games. Similarly, people who are banned for elo boosting, are not punished for playing ONE game on a low elo account to experience it. People are banned for playing on accounts "with the specific purpose of improving the...account’s MMR".

After reading that, and refusing to acknowledge my request that another Rioter read my support ticket, this guy closes my ticket, and I am forced to turn to the community to ask for help.

Tl;dr My online friend "tricked" me into participating in two win trade games in 3v3 on his platinum team. I left the team right after, and didn't even get the team any divisions or tiers on it. 6 months later, I am banned for 3v3 win trading, stripped of all season 1 and 2 rewards, ineligible for season 3 rewards, and have a 2 week ban. Tell me, community, is this fair?

If you had no knowledge of it then it is not fair.

But I don't see riot bending the rules on this one cause they kinda have to enforce there rules but yeah its not fair at all.

A 2 week ban maybe but getting stripped of everything? that's kinda harsh mang

8IIID in yo face

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle vs Beaver View Post
you cant really compare this with murder seeing as how he didnt know he was assisting in an elo boost. id say its more comparable to manslaughter

Chastity

08-31-2013

How do you get a pentakill in 3v3?

1234511 ... 17