A Day in Shurima (Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SerpantsEmbrace

11-06-2013

Cassiopeia waved to Kaz as the young woman led him away, before turning her attention to the woman who called herself Esme. She followed the woman to a different section of the stall.

"Something special? What did you have in mind?" She asked, glancing around at the rows upon rows of dresses.

Sir Shadow Isles

11-06-2013

Quote:
"You have a great many things here." He spoke as the younger woman lead them him through the wares. There were many colorful fabrics, all light and shining in the sun. Shurima was known for such hand-made items. it was interesting to see them for himself.
The young woman nodded as she led the summoner through racks of dresses to several shelves of scarfs of any and every color imaginable.

"That we do. My mother and I are the best clothing makers in Shurima. We are proud to be so."

She stopped suddenly and turned to look at a shelf holding scarfs in all different shades of tan and white. She stood there for a while, muttering to herself. Then, with a flourish, she snatched several scarfs off the shelf and handed one of them to the summoner. It was smooth as silk, yet it felt like it would stop the Barbarian King's blade cold.

"This is sandbeetle silk. Softer than feather, but harder than metal. Now, try it on. what do you say of the color?"

Quote:
Cassiopeia waved to Kaz as the young woman led him away, before turning her attention to the woman who called herself Esme. She followed the woman to a different section of the stall.

"Something special? What did you have in mind?" She asked, glancing around at the rows upon rows of dresses.
Esme led the lamia to the back of the stall where there were racks of several hundred rolls of fabric each a different color. The woman responded to Cassiopeia while pulling several off the rack, other rolls seeming to appear in place of those taken.

"I can tell you have hard tome finding beautiful dress, yeah? I make that no problem. Trust me, Lady Cassiopeia, I am the best at what I do."

SerpantsEmbrace

11-06-2013

Quote:
Esme led the lamia to the back of the stall where there were racks of several hundred rolls of fabric each a different color. The woman responded to Cassiopeia while pulling several off the rack, other rolls seeming to appear in place of those taken.

"I can tell you have hard tome finding beautiful dress, yeah? I make that no problem. Trust me, Lady Cassiopeia, I am the best at what I do."
Cassiopeia froze, staring at the woman warily.

"I was unaware that my family was known out here. Do you follow the League as well?"

Ryugi Kazamaru

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Shadow Isles View Post
The young woman nodded as she led the summoner through racks of dresses to several shelves of scarfs of any and every color imaginable.

"That we do. My mother and I are the best clothing makers in Shurima. We are proud to be so."

She stopped suddenly and turned to look at a shelf holding scarfs in all different shades of tan and white. She stood there for a while, muttering to herself. Then, with a flourish, she snatched several scarfs off the shelf and handed one of them to the summoner. It was smooth as silk, yet it felt like it would stop the Barbarian King's blade cold.

"This is sandbeetle silk. Softer than feather, but harder than metal. Now, try it on. what do you say of the color?"
The summoner looked incredibly interested in the fabric. It seemed somehow magical in nature, and could explain a great deal about how lighter-armored champions could survive such powerful hits without breaking in two. He looked through the selections, browsing them.

Browns and tans were not his style... The only one that seemed to fit was a white scarf. It matched the blue and gold of his robes, and was a stark contrast to the darker aspects of his attire. There could only be one choice.

"I'd say a white one would probably look best." he looked to the woman. "What do you think?"

ThisBeHammdog

11-06-2013

Mundy wanders in from the east, a frillneck lizard upon his shoulder. He takes in a deep breath, filling his nose with fresh air and sand. "Ahhh... home, sweet harsh unforgiving wasteland severely outdated by technology." The bushman looks about where he had found himself; he was not familiar with this region of Shurima. The clothing, housing and cuisine were a far cry from the primal society he was used to. Shrugging, he enters the city.

Sir Shadow Isles

11-06-2013

Quote:
Cassiopeia froze, staring at the woman warily.

"I was unaware that my family was known out here. Do you follow the League as well?"
Esme shrugged as she approached a mannequin that seemed to bear a frightening resemblance to Cassiopeia's body shape.

"We are well aware of the League and what it does. Word also travels between nomad clans. You were spotted last time you were here, with the Battle Mistress."

She draped the fabric over the mannequin and produced a needle out of nowhere. She began sewing as she asked Cassiopeia a few questions.

"So, what brings you to Shurima?"

Quote:
The summoner looked incredibly interested in the fabric. It seemed somehow magical in nature, and could explain a great deal about how lighter-armored champions could survive such powerful hits without breaking in two. He looked through the selections, browsing them.

Browns and tans were not his style... The only one that seemed to fit was a white scarf. It matched the blue and gold of his robes, and was a stark contrast to the darker aspects of his attire. There could only be one choice.

"I'd say a white one would probably look best." he looked to the woman. "What do you think?"
The woman furrowed her brow, nodding.

"Yes...yes I can see. Here."

She grabbed the light tan scarf off the summoner's neck and shook it once as if shaking dirt from a towel. Instantly, the cloth turned from a bright tan to the purest white. She handed the scarf back to Kaz and motioned for him to put it back on.

"Do try, please."

SerpantsEmbrace

11-06-2013

Quote:
Esme shrugged as she approached a mannequin that seemed to bear a frightening resemblance to Cassiopeia's body shape.

"We are well aware of the League and what it does. Word also travels between nomad clans. You were spotted last time you were here, with the Battle Mistress."

She draped the fabric over the mannequin and produced a needle out of nowhere. She began sewing as she asked Cassiopeia a few questions.

"So, what brings you to Shurima?"
Cassiopeia was still wary of the woman, but had no logical reason to be so.

"It is a simply day trip. I had some time off and my friend surprised me by taking me here."

She tried to peek over the woman's shoulder to see what she was doing, but Esme's hands were working too quickly for Cassiopeia to see clearly.

Ryugi Kazamaru

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Shadow Isles View Post
The woman furrowed her brow, nodding.

"Yes...yes I can see. Here."

She grabbed the light tan scarf off the summoner's neck and shook it once as if shaking dirt from a towel. Instantly, the cloth turned from a bright tan to the purest white. She handed the scarf back to Kaz and motioned for him to put it back on.

"Do try, please."
The summoner nodded and lifted the scarf onto his neck, wrapping it around him. He looked around for a mirror and spied one. he had to admit he looked somewhat more heroic and less nerdy wearing the scarf. Though, he doubted he would wear it outside of cold weather or special occasions.

"It looks like we were right. It does look rather nice..." The summoner ran a hand through his hair to straighten it somewhat before looking back to the woman. "How much is it?"

Sir Shadow Isles

11-06-2013

Quote:
Cassiopeia was still wary of the woman, but had no logical reason to be so.

"It is a simply day trip. I had some time off and my friend surprised me by taking me here."

She tried to peek over the woman's shoulder to see what she was doing, but Esme's hands were working too quickly for Cassiopeia to see clearly.
Esme chuckled as she worked, shaping the dress quickly and skillfully.

"So I see. Does not sound like a good friend to bring you here."

The dress began to take on the same color as Cassiopeia's eyes. Deep cerulean blues mixed with light azure hues as the seamstress continued her work.

SerpantsEmbrace

11-06-2013

Quote:
Esme chuckled as she worked, shaping the dress quickly and skillfully.

"So I see. Does not sound like a good friend to bring you here."

The dress began to take on the same color as Cassiopeia's eyes. Deep cerulean blues mixed with light azure hues as the seamstress continued her work.
Cassiopeia watched in awe as the seamstress practiced her craft. The skill that this woman possessed was nothing short of magical. She vaguely registered the woman's reply.

"Y-yes, well, I did tell him to surprise me."