A Day in Shurima (Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Shadow Isles

08-31-2013

((I noticed that there wasn't an open RP for Shurima, so I thought I'd open up a city home to one of my OC's and Xerath. Feel free to interact with each other in any way you please. Be respectful and don't get out of hand, or Zahara will trap you in a temporal rift, or Xerath will just end you. Hope you guys have fun!))

The sun is fierce and the wind in strong in this harsh desert. Mostly, it is a baron wasteland filled with terrifying creatures and unbearable weather. However, there are those who have braved these conditions and make their living out in the desert. There are several tribes that call the desert home and are extremely territorial. Those who have tried to seek refuge were met with extreme hostility. One tribe has decided to change its ways and has opened its doors to the weary explorer. Built underneath one of Shurimaís famous floating pyramids, the aptly named city of Sanctuary stands with its gates open, prepared to give haven to those who request it. An announcement was made by League Champion Zahara, the Priestess of the Sands.

"Greetings, champions and summoners alike. I am honored to invite you all to visit my home in Shurima. We wish to share our rich culture with you and would be delighted if you came. We Shurimans have made a beautiful life for ourselves. Come experience it with us."

Society:

Sanctuary is run on a hierarchy.

Sultan-Leader of the city. The current Sultan is Baraki Asim.

Seers-The special brand of sorcerers who have the ability to predict the future. Shurima used to be well known for their Seers, but now only a few hundred remain. They are often sought out for predictions for life-changing events.

Priestess of the Sands-Only chosen once before in recorded history, this Priestess wields the Sands of Time. The current holder is Zahara, the Sultanís daughter.

High Priestess-Religious leader of the city.

High Priest-Priestessí second in command.

Priests/Priestesses-Devoted religious officials under the High Priest and Priestess.

Vizierís-There are 7 Viziers that serve as the Sultanís cabinet. They each handle a specific aspect of society.

Commander-Leader of the cities armed forces.

Captains-There are 10 captains total. They each control their own platoon of soldiers.

Soldiers-The enforcers of the peace and defense for the city. There are 4 specializations of soldiers: swordsmen, spearmen, archers, and spellcasters.

Guardians-They are the first line of defense for the city. They handle small issues like theft and brawls. They are a kind group that are constantly on patrol and will help those willing to ask for it.

Citizens-The everyday people of Sanctuary.

Places:

Kalifís Inn-A humble, yet surprisingly large inn, Kalifís was recently constructed with the assistance of the Institute of War to be accommodating to all races of Valoran that stop in.

Bazaar-A lively place where you can find almost anything. Be careful, thieves and pickpockets tend to hang around there. One could easily swipe your wallet without you knowing.

Palace grounds-A place that can make you forget that youíre actually in a desert. The enchanted fountains and foliage make for a wonderful place to relax. It is quite the romantic spot and couples everyone often brings their first dates there.

Underground-A seedy place in the twisted back alleys of Sanctuary. It is a haven for criminals, thieves and murderers. Most donít venture down to that part of the city lest they have an urge to lose either their valuables or life.

Zaharaís Palace-Above the city, Zahara has made her home on one of the floating pyramids. Even though she is often helping commoners in the city, anyone who is invited to visit her palace receive royal treatment from her personal handmaidens.

Xerath's Chambers-While not participating in League business, Xerath spends his time in his personal chambers where his home used to be. Normally he wouldn't be as sentimental, but there are a few arcane objects that can only be found in that particular area of Shurima. Sanctuary welcomed back a former Magi with open arms (not that they had a say in the matter. One does not simply refuse the Magus Ascendant.)

Sir Shadow Isles

09-01-2013

((Bump))

Sir Shadow Isles

09-02-2013

((bump))

Ask The Magus

09-17-2013

Having concluded with all of the official League business for the next few weeks, Xerath decided it was finally time to head home. As he returned to Sanctuary, he received mixed reactions from its citizens. Some reacted warmly to his return, others reacted with fear. Xerath made his way to his home near the palace, where he will remain for the time being.

Ryugi Kazamaru

11-06-2013

With a flash, the summoner and the serpentess would arrive far from the Institute and the greenery of its gardens. The heat of the sun and the dryness of the winds could only mark the place as the Shuriman Desert. Onlookers spoke with surprise as the magical streams of energy faded, leaving the pair in the middle of a bustling desert bazaar, filled with fine hand-crafted products from all across the desert, and magical trinkets pulled from ancient tombs.

The summoner would blink and look to the lamia as they arrived, a smirk and a chuckle on his lips. "So...surprised?"

SerpantsEmbrace

11-06-2013

Quote:
With a flash, the summoner and the serpentess would arrive far from the Institute and the greenery of its gardens. The heat of the sun and the dryness of the winds could only mark the place as the Shuriman Desert. Onlookers spoke with surprise as the magical streams of energy faded, leaving the pair in the middle of a bustling desert bazaar, filled with fine hand-crafted products from all across the desert, and magical trinkets pulled from ancient tombs.

The summoner would blink and look to the lamia as they arrived, a smirk and a chuckle on his lips. "So...surprised?"
Cassiopeia shielded her eyes against the glare of the Shuriman sun as it beat down upon her and Kaz. She was certainly surprised indeed to have returned to the desert. She left in quite the hurry the last time...

She flashed an appreciative smile at Kaz as she looked around the bazaar.

"Very much so. I can't decide where to go first."

Ryugi Kazamaru

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpantsEmbrace View Post
Cassiopeia shielded her eyes against the glare of the Shuriman sun as it beat down upon her and Kaz. She was certainly surprised indeed to have returned to the desert. She left in quite the hurry the last time...

She flashed an appreciative smile at Kaz as she looked around the bazaar.

"Very much so. I can't decide where to go first."
The summoner smiled, happy to see the lamia look as pleased as she was with the situation.

"Well, we have the rest of the day. Please, go where your heart leads you. I'm just along for the ride."

SerpantsEmbrace

11-06-2013

Quote:
The summoner smiled, happy to see the lamia look as pleased as she was with the situation.

"Well, we have the rest of the day. Please, go where your heart leads you. I'm just along for the ride."
Cassiopeia glanced around, wondering where to go first. A certain stall caught her eye and she made her way toward it, the crowd giving her a wide berth after seeing what she was. Cassiopeia didn't really seem to care. She stopped by the stall, marveling at the beautiful dresses and shoals that were hanging up on display. Next to the stall were two tall tents that were marked for changing.

Sir Shadow Isles

11-06-2013

A gruff-looking woman, appearing to be around her late 40's, was currently in an argument with a much younger woman in a language that was native to these parts of Shurima. The elderly woman waved the other one away as she saw the snake woman and the other man approach. When she addressed them, it was in a heavily-accented common tongue and her tone was pleasant and cordial.

"Welcome to my humble shop, visitors. Take a good look and let Esme know what you like, yes?"

Her startlingly sharp gaze looked over the man, taking in his features.

"Hmmm...You look as if you are summoner from the Institute? I have heard of the place but never been. Anyway, I have scarf that would just bring out your eyes lovely."

She called out something in Shuriman and the younger woman who she was arguing with before showed up, replying in an irritated tone. Esme gestured to the summoner.

"You go show him scarf now, yes? The sandbeetle one. Go, go."

She waved the woman away and turned to Cassiopeia.

"You, I will find something special for. These front things, they are no good enough for noble-looking woman as yourself. We find you something wonderful, yes? Come, come! Follow."

She gestured for Cassiopeia to follow her behind the stall as the younger woman approached the summoner, now smiling, her voice also heavily accented.

"Well, well. A summoner. We do not get many of your kind here. But come. My mother, in all her annoyances, is right. We have wonderful scarfs from you to chose from. Come, follow."

Ryugi Kazamaru

11-06-2013

"Cassiopeia, I'm going to check on a scarf. If you need me, just call." Kaz hesitantly decided to follow the younger woman as she lead him to wherever he would bear witness to this "sandbeetle scarf." He hoped it didn't actually involve beetles. He wasn't particularly fond of insects and the like. He hadn't intended to spend any of his money either, but, who knew, he might find something nice.

"You have a great many things here." He spoke as the younger woman lead them him through the wares. There were many colorful fabrics, all light and shining in the sun. Shurima was known for such hand-made items. it was interesting to see them for himself.