Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Recommendations on reinstalling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

llamasx

08-31-2013

So over the past few weeks I noticed my load times increasing and an increase in lag until it became nearly unplayable a few days ago. My ping and fps all looked about normal. I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall, and all of a sudden I'm no longer the guy with the wooden computer in the load screen and I have no more lag.

I was wondering if this was a unique case or if there is any recommendation on how frequently to uninstall and reinstall? I remember the ilol client used to tell you to reinstall every now and then because the client was too old to update though it may have had completely different reasons.

thenicksolo

08-31-2013

I've never seen any issues not re-installing, however this can be a good step in seeing if this resolves your issue.

Noobie gamer

08-31-2013

I really don't know about that reinstalling issue, although I've noticed that while I used to be the first to load the game (1 year ago), it could take me sometimes now.

About the iLoL thing, it is totally unrelated. In fact, we didn't have to reinstall it (but doing so did work too), but to refresh the Wineskin engine (which meant going into the application bundle, and such). As the Riot Mac client isn't using Wineskin, we no longer have this issue. Totally unrelated stuff.